8: Lemonade

I asked Trevor to hang out at The Yellow Jack with me the day after the heist. He agreed, and I was currently waiting for him in the bar dressed in a leather jacket with a red v-cut and leggings. I wore my hair down in wavy curls, deciding to live with my long hair and make it look gorgeous for a nice night out with Trevor. Something about him made me want to dress up really nice and look pretty.

I shifted in my seat, the high-heeled boots I wore went up mid-calf, and I wore them in confidence as I crossed my legs, and tucked myself into the bar. I was currently drinking a daiquiri when I felt someone walk up behind me before taking the seat next to me. I turned my head, expecting to see Trevor and pursed my blood-red matte lips, looking up out of my lashes to see someone else. A man in a plaid shirt and dirty blue jeans, he smiled through his long, brown beard, his green eyes staring into my rare blue ones.

"Blue eyes on an Asian. How does that work out?" he questioned. I sighed, taking a swig of my drink. "Er, you're Asian, right?"

"My father's strong genes," I spoke. "Half-white."

"Huh, well, you're very pretty. You don't seem to be around these parts."

"Well, waiting for my friend," I spoke.

"Why don't we get the hell outta here, and you tell your friend you're out havin' a little fun?" The man's hand slid up my thigh, and I elbowed him right in the nose. He flew out of his chair, clutching his nose as he scrambled up angrily.

"Out!" Janet ordered angrily, staring him down until he walked out. Once he started to head towards the door, my eyes followed him to make sure he left, and saw Trevor standing near it. It looked like he had seen what had just happened.

"Damn," Trevor whistled. "Don't fuck with this girl, am I right?" he smirked as Janet put a beer in front of him.

"Damn straight," I winked, finishing off my drink. Janet gave me another.

"What the fuck is that?" he questioned, pointing at it. "Don't get all fruity on me now."

I grinned. "Next drink will be a beer, then. How 'bout it?"

"Yeah, or we're no longer friends." He took a big gulp of his beer. "You look great, by the way." His eyes were eyeing me up and down, the compliment making me feel accomplished.

I stopped mid-sip when it hit me.

I liked Trevor.

I started to choke on my drink.

"Hey, hey, hoh, you alright there?" he questioned, patting my back roughly. I cleared my throat and gave him a thumbs up as I winced.

"Yeah, uh, yup. Wrong tube," I lied. Oh, Jesus I hadn't liked anyone in twelve years, and had a relationship in five, and had sex in four!

I used to give nice men chances, but felt nothing for them and had to end it. It happened to me all the time, and the last man I actually liked was one of my old high school classmates I ran into a decade after high school, who ended up leaving me two years later for a Veterinarian named Judy. He was too goody two-shoes anyways and didn't know about my line of business, so it was never meant to be.

I dated two men after him before I gave up on dating, and had one one-night stand four years ago until I realized how much I hated that, too, and how it wasn't for me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Trevor questioned, breaking me out of my thought process. I cleared my throat.

"Realized I forgot to get the mail from my LS house." I spoke.