13: Humane Labs

I woke up in my own bed. Trevor and I parted ways for the night, since Patricia was in his home. I still had to ask him about that, and I knew he still had to ask me about my relationship with Patty McReary, but for now, I just wanted to lay down. I wanted to feel safe after a day of my mind losing itself. What had happened to me? A side effect of my head injury? Permanent, or temporary?

I wanted answers, but I also didn't want them, so I made no effort to schedule a doctor's appointment. I wanted to pretend like it never happened.

I shifted in my bed, throwing the blanket off of my bottom half. Too warm for Sandy Shores.

The clock by my bed read 3:45AM in blocky, pixelized red numbers. I couldn't sleep.

I swung my feet over the side of the bed and planted them firmly on the new wooden floors Trevor and I had installed last time he came over to my house to work on it. I examined the walls, which I had painted myself just the other night while Trevor was hanging out with Michael in his trailer. The walls were a very soft, cream color, creating a soft glow to the room that before looked like a dark hole. I smiled. Felt like home, now.

I stood up and walked to my closet. It had to be about 75 degrees right now. Insanely hot for a San Andreas night. I put on a pair of red shorts, finding a nice white t-shirt to go with it and my black converse. I walked into the living room and looked around, the black floor tiles and the white walls creating a spacious environment, the black couch beckoning me to sit and watch tv, and the black bookcase craving I pick up a book and read, but I ignored both possible activities and called Trevor.

The phone rang a few times before the sound of a groan almost exploded the speakers of my phone.

"Baby, baby, baby, why. . " He groaned.

"I need to see you. Come over."

He let out a sigh, and kept quiet for a moment before finally hesitating. "Is it about what happened during the heist?"

"Partly."

"Okay, give me thirty minutes. I woke up in front of The Yellow Jack, I have to drive home, put clothes on, and head over."

My eyes widened. "Did you wake up naked?"

"Mostly."

I felt a grin tug at my mouth and I started laughing. "Hey, stop showing off the goods, those are mine to lick."

He started laughing in a low tone. "Oooh, oh baby, you never fail to surprise me."

The phone call was ended, I put the phone on the kitchen counter and sat at one of the two stools behind it. I started to prepare some food for the both of us, a little snack for when he showed up. Cheesy nachos. By the time I finished preparing it, there was a knock at the door. I took a beer from the fridge and opened the door for him, wordlessly handing him the drink. He nodded at me in thanks, taking a sip before sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Wanted to see me, sweet cheeks?" he questioned. I took the seat next to him, watching as he took a nacho from the cluster, a piece of cheese stretching far with his movement until it finally became too thin of a string and snapped. It was satisfying to watch.

"First off, what was that talk about the love affair with Patricia?" I questioned.

Trevor was chewing on the food now in between small moans. "Oh, yeah, that. Michael thinks I'm doing more than just flirting with her."

"You're flirting with her?"

"Well, to Michael I am." he swallowed his food. "I think she's arousing and all but I don't cheat on my ladies. How about you and McReary? What was that about?"