16: Talk about The Big One

I sat at Trevor's desk, waiting for the boys to walk in. Trevor was really working on getting the fridge shut as Michael entered.

"Hey," Trevor greeted him. "Before you ask, the fridge is broken."

"That's alright, I've had enough of your hospitality already," Michael replied, as he started wiping off the couch seat, assuming it was dirty. Probably because Trevor was not that neat of a person, but he just got this business, so it would be as clean as it ever would be right now.

"I changed my ways, alright?" Trevor spoke, Franklin walked in now as Michael stood back up and walked over to him. They fist bumped. "Yeah I'm done with that crazy shit, alright? I wanna square things away, with Merryweather, make sure the agency ain't coming back for us, and then do one last big score, and then you get to go back to your family." Michael had situated himself onto the couch, he leaned back in his seat and watched Trevor who leaned his hand against the fridge, waving a beer bottle around with the other. "Me? I'm just gonna live here. I'm gonna run this, this good business showing people a good time. Bust Brad out of prison, and then you know. . ." He stretched his arms out. "Happy!" he had a large smile now as he looked at all of us. I laughed to myself. He was adorable.

Franklin started to clap now. He sat on the desk, facing Trevor. "So how'd you come by this place anyway?" he questioned.

"Had it for ages," Trevor lied.

"So you must know Leon, the old manager," Franklin spoke. Michaels eyes suspiciously shifted to look at Trevor.

"Leon, er. . .No."

"Yeah whatever man," Franklin spoke, letting it go, waving his hand once in the air. "So what's goin' on here?"

"What's going on. . ." We all turned to see Lester walk in, slightly wavering to the side as he leaned on his cane for a moment before walking in the door with some difficulty. "Is the big one."

Trevor walked to the couch and put one foot on the seat cushion closest to the fridge.

"The big one?" I questioned, I turned to look at Trevor, then Michael, then Franklin. I looked for clues in their expressions. I found Michael and Trevor to be completely elated as they looked at each other in excitement, and Franklin a bit eager to find out what the big one was as well.

"A long, long time ago, in a faraway place, there were three guys: Michael, Trevor, and Lester."

"And Brad," Trevor added, waving his hand up lazily.

"Ah, yeah, sure, Brad was there sometimes as well," Lester spoke after hesitating a tad. "I mean there were other guys though, too, so uh. . . Anyway. We robbed and lied and we hurt people. Pretty much lived a low life kind of existence. . . but always dreaming of one thing, and one thing only. . ."

"The big one." Trevor spoke softly.

"The big one." Michael repeated.

"The big one!" Trevor, Michael and Lester screamed in unison.

"What is the big one?!" Franklin asked, clearly frustrated now.

"Yeah, that didn't exactly answer our question," I spoke, crossing my arms. Trevor's eyes immediately flashed at my cleavage, as folding my arms pushed my breasts together. I tried to fight the smirk from my face as he flashed me a discreet wink before turning back to look at Les.

"The Union Depository," Michael spoke happily.

"Around two hundred million in gold bricks, all taken from kindly Uncle Sam. We'll spend the rest of our lives being hunted down by government officials, if we live through the attempt. But—"