31: A Night Out

Don't tell Michael.

Don't tell Franklin.

Don't tell Lester.

Don't tell anyone.

That was the rule I gave Trevor. I knew it was a large burden to hold such a troubling secret, but we had to do The Big One. Or, they had to do The Big One. I was out of the running for it. There was no way anyone would let me work that heist. For obvious reasons, of course.

Trevor and I were getting ready to meet up with the gang at The Vanilla Unicorn. They wanted to discuss. . . Things. And by things, they probably meant Trevor and I. The elephant in the room they hadn't spoken of for the last week. I just got out of the hospital this morning (Trevor wouldn't let me leave until he knew I was physically okay, because he didn't trust me with important medical information anymore), so they probably didn't want to stress me out until I got out.

How thoughtful.

I started to button up my flannel. I wanted to wear loose-fitting because my skin was still so tender and bruised. I also put on some baggy jeans and vans. "Trev?" I questioned, putting my hair in a loose ponytail.

"Almost ready," he spoke from the bedroom. I rolled my eyes. I wasn't sure why he was taking so long. His version of getting ready was 10x faster than the normal person's. Step 1: Pick up pieces of dirty clothing from the floor. Step 2: Put them on and run out of the house.

I let out a chuckle. He was probably trying to find something clean so I didn't give him a look. I knew for a fact he didn't do laundry when I was gone, since his house doesn't have a washing machine like mine does, so I knew his clothing options were super limited. We hadn't officially moved into my house just yet, we didn't have time yet.

He finally walked out of the bedroom with a red bowling shirt on and a pair of black pants. He wore black shoes with this outfit.

I smiled at him and winked as he came up behind me and grabbed my ass. Surprisingly, it was the only piece of my body that wasn't bruised.

"Ready to get interrogated like crazy by Michael and Franklin?" He questioned with a funny grin. It made me burst out laughing.

"Oh, just try and stop me from going." I teased. I ran my hands down his shirt, he gently grabbed my hands and pulled them to his mouth, placing a kiss on them before giving me a look I hated seeing.

He looked at me with sad, worried eyes, and I couldn't help but tear up at this. I knew it was tearing him apart.

"Don't look at me like that," I scowled with a soft voice.

"A week ago I wouldn't have wanted to do this, but right now, to be able to show you off as my girl and spend some time with you out on the town. . . Priceless." Trevor shook his head now, I could see a flash of anger in his eyes. "I lost my best friend. Hell if I'm going to lose you. I can't-. . ." He let go of my hands to turn away from me, his fists were clenched. I could tell he wanted to punch something. "I can't fucking believe life screws me over like this."

"Baby," I reached my hand out to touch his shoulder gently. "Don't act like I'm already dead. I'm right here. Please."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Which car are we taking?"

I scowled at his question. I felt a pang of sadness hit me when I realized my Banshee was dead. "My mechanic is trying to take useable parts out of my Banshee to transfer to the new one I'm going to buy. For now, I have my Reaper outside." I held up my keys.

He snatched them from my hands before I could even blink. My jaw dropped. "Oh, come on, am I not allowed to drive now?"

He let out a harsh laugh. "Are you fucking kidding me? No, you're not allowed to drive now. The fuck is wrong with you?" He placed a kiss on my temple before he pushed the front door open. We both walked out and headed to my car. I crawled into my passenger seat. God, it felt so weird being the passenger in this car specifically. No one else had ever taken the wheel of this car.