Home

It turns out Julian's house was a mess, clothes were strung every which way, take out meals from what seemed like a century were lying on the table, the contents on the beige carpet.  I gagged at the smell of the take out food, instantly regretting that.  I didn't want to act like a snob, but I think that even an animal could do a better job of cleaning up.
Julian however, seemed unaffected by the pungent smell of the living room, the disarray of his living quarters.  He led me to his room,which I would find out in due time, was the room of Julian and Josephine.  There was a yellow duct tape line that spilt the room into halves.  This Julian said was the boundaries for both of them, the line of separation between brother and sister.  On Julian's side of the room, there was a bed and a green covers with rockets on them.  There was a poster of a basketball star.  A small stool was placed behind the bed, on the end of the bed there was a wooden board that was vertically pulled upright, so that the sleeper wouldn't fall off the bed.  It turns out the board could be pulled down, and you could use that as a small desk.  Josephine's side of the room was decorated in hues of hot pink and purple, and there was a pink fluffy rug and a bunk bed, that brother and sister used to share.  From the side of the bunk bed hung curtains that said "Don't disturb me, I need my beauty sleep!".  This way Josephine would be able to lay on bed without Julian knowing what she was doing.  There was still some space from the wall from where Josephine's bed was placed so the ladder to get up onto the next level was placed there.  On the upper level, all of Josephine's possessions were there, and there was a big cloth and clips that could be used as a covering on the upperbunk.  The ladder was queer, there was a block of wood that was thicker and the area was larger than any of the other blocks, turns out it was used as a table to write on.  Back to the lower level, on one side of the bed hung a rack with latest magazines, a diary, some stationery and her computer.