A story

It was now 7 in the morning and Julian and Josephine were up and showering in different bathrooms. Seeing that the note I had left before was only going to cause trouble I chucked it in the rubbish bin. I had put on a jacket so that nobody could see the sorry state of my arm, my other hoodie was in my big duffel bag, it was ripped and bloody. While scraping from Gran's house I had tied a tourniquet using a ripped fragment of my scarf. I was trying to sleep although I could think about was that I possibly killed my dad. Thinking of yourself as a murderer was a horrible thing, I felt guilty, and then I felt anger, then I felt confused. My feelings were now all mushed and blended together like a fruit smoothie.
I took out the shovel from my duffel bag, the stick part of it was made from yellow plastic, now that was strange. The shovel itself was brown metal. I took my water bottle out too and took a sip, holding the bottle I put it close the the yellow shovel and an etching on the stick was magnified. It said Twist!, so that was exactly what I did, I twisted the tip of the shovel and sure enough the metal part of the shovel that you use to scoop the dirt was off! Inside the plastic yellow stick, it was hollow so it was a tube. Inside there was a chunk of scrunched up letters crammed into the tube. I took them out and surveyed them for awhile. The pages were yellow, stained, and ripped. This is what the first page said:
Dear Sasha,
Greetings to you, this is Rosemary Thomas, the one you know as your beloved Grandmother. I am sorry, it is time to reveal the truth, I am not your Grandmother but your guardian appointed by your mother. I am a dear friend of your mother, and when she died she told me to keep an eye on your stepmother and your father, most of all she told me to take care of you. I don't think I have done a great job of anything in my lifetime. First, I let your mother lose her life, second, I know that if you are reading this letter, I am most likely in big trouble and cannot take care of you anymore. Your father and stepmother think I am your grandmother because I have disguised myself as her, I am supposed to be your maternal grandmother. You are probably wondering where your real grandmother is. She lives on Ocean Blvd, in Santa Monica, go find her! She is your only means of survival, unless of course she is dead. She is an ally of me, and she will care for you.
The other day you told me about the shocking news of your appearance, and it is true your means of beauty were manipulated. In fact, I was the nurse who helped your mother when she was giving birth to you. Your mother did not
choose to do that, your stepmother (the person your father really loved) and your father snuck into the hospital at night. Your father told your mother that he was going to see how his sickly father was doing, actually he went I'm and manipulated the results, by requesting to do it. In other words, without permission from your mother he chose your appearance, while your mother was at home too weak to move. I was suspicious about him that day. Except somebody prevented me from preventing him. What I mean by 'somebody prevented me', is that somebody hurt me badly.
Goodbye, my dear Sasha, stay the charming girl that you are. Find where passion lies, and hold tight to that fiery passion, don't let anybody steal your passion.
With love,
Rosemary Andrea Thomas
Another letter:
To the Sasha I'll never get to care for ,
Sweetie, oh god- I' m going to die. Wait, is that the right thing I want to stay to my kid? Anyways, as you can see I am not a very good mother, I don't know how to speak to kids, I have problems caring for kids, I am (in other words) the worse mom in the world. I just wanted to say that I love you a lot, even if I haven't met you, be kind to Rosemary and watch out for your stepmom.
Xoxo
Your Mother