Chapter 4: Goggles

7/14 until Xavier returns

No one had realized that you couldn't drive yourself home and it hadn't occurred to anyone, even Wolverine, that you'd need a ride. You were stuck spending the night on the couch while everyone else was snug as a bug in their beds. Storm had apologized tremendously during breakfast and you waved any other sympathies off.

They took you and dropped you off at your apartment for a few days until Peter showed up. Apparently, he was supposed to be your guide to and from the mansion until you either got your own vehicle or one of the one's at the school got fixed.

"Look, don't touch it."

"But I want to!"

"No, don't!"

"YES!"

You clutched the goggles in your hand and make a run for it. You were in the moment and sadly admitted that you forgot that he could run faster than anything you'd ever seen. Hands wrapping around your shoulders make you falter and you end up falling to the floor, the goggles flying up into the air.

As a hand wraps around them, you launch yourself off the floor to tackle your attacker and you both fall over, you on top. "Give 'em!"

"Nope. I'm perfectly happy keeping them for myself," you reply, prancing off while snapping them on. You stand and head for the hall mirror, the speedster following close behind as he fingers the cord of his headphones. "Oh calm down, Speedy. I know how to keep crap safe."

"They're not crap. So don't call them that!" He says, trying to get them off your head.

"But what if they were?" You ask, slowly making your way to the kitchen. He doesn't seem to notice as he scrambles after you.

"They aren't right now, so they never will be."

You huff and hold them above the trash can. "They are. You look like you have a mushroom head."

"Maybe I like my look." He shoots back.

"Oh really? Why?"

"Maybe because it looks cool."

"Whatever." You throw them to him and start studying your fingernails. "I only wanted to wear them for a bit, but since you obviously don't want me to like you..." You honestly can't say that you're surprised at his incredulous look.

"I-I-" You start to walk away and he grabs your arms, pulling you to where your eyes meet. "Here." And Peter places the goggles in you hand before backing away. "I figure...it might be better for your eyes, but that's the only reason why." You smile as you pull them back on, making sure the strap fit well around your ears.

"Thank you. Where are we off to?"

"To the mansion."

"Why?"

"You have to start "documenting" at some point, Picasso." Peter pulls you onto his back with a single movement and you wrap your arms comfortably around his neck as he hooks his hands under your knees. "Ever went fast?"

"Have I?"

"You're about to."

~That Afternoon~

You'd been bugging the crap out of your group and you couldn't help but be thankful that they'd been willing to sit through interviews and then still be questioned as you came up with them. You hadn't seen Kurt since lunch, when he did something funny. It led you walking the halls looking for the constantly disappearing fuzzball.

~Kurt POV~

"(Y/N) is here?" I hung from ze chandelier in ze dining room, delivering ze midday meal. Everyone else calls it lunch. I have taken to ze title, but it has been slow. "Has she had her lunch?"