Chapter 10: Not Official

"Ppppppllllleeeeeaaaaaasssssssseeeeee!!!!!!!" You were huddled up against a tree by the lake after having an eventful game of hide and seek.

No one was able to find Kurt. The durn boy teleported away every time you tried to tap him. He knew you wouldn't get him and was kinda rubbing it in your face. Then you started faking tears and he instantly regretted it.You kept getting louder at the point and he was starting to freak out, worried he wouldn't be able to cheer you up. That he would cause you to sleep for a long while. You finally stopped and that was when Peter came up and started begging you to watch a scary movie while Kurt only stood there, blank as a white sheet of paper.

"No. I've already told you I don't like those type movies." (I know you might not be scared, but I hope to do something...later because of it)You weren't entirely sure if it was for your sake or for Kurt's. You push Peter away, grabbing Kurt's hand to drag him back to the X-Mansion. You wanted to paint him, a medium you hadn't used in a long time.

There was just something about painting that sent a tingle up your spine, making you want to capture the whole world on a canvas with it. Maybe it was the way you could mix the colors, or make the brush strokes look a certain way, or just the fun of it. Either way, you were pretty durn giddy to get started.

"You mean the scary movies?" Kurt asks once you've left Peter behind.

"Yes, scary movies. I don't think-" you bite your lip, suddenly feeling bad for thinking for him. "Never mind. Just a preference." Shrugging, you step into the art room. You've already gotten the background of a night sky set up with a stool for him to sit on. It was cushioned, so maybe he'd stay still for a little bit before getting uncomfortable.

"Here?" he motions to the stool. You nod, starting to hunt around for brushes. You brought your own paints, some you'd recently purchased with your money you'd been earning from the comics, and was still saving up for the proper brushes. The big, well-made canvas cost the rest of your paycheck for the week, so that was out of the picture.

You found some brushes hidden away in the top closet...but also found your targets barely out of reach, your fingers brushing against the bottom of the shelf. As you attempted to reach, Kurt quickly grew bored in the other room and started wandering around, messing with the various things. That was until he spotted you struggling to reach the top shelf.

You felt a pair of hands grip your waist and lift you up with no effort whatsoever. You snatched the brushes and wiggled, signaling you wanted down. Your feet hit the floor, but the hands never moved. "K-Kurt?" You felt a pair of lips on yours for a split second before the playful boy pulled away and went back to where he was supposed to be. You huffed and went after him, not worrying about the smile spreading wide across your face.

"Stay still!" You constantly called. For being who he was, Kurt did fairly well and you were able to get everything done within half an hour, something that rarely happened, especially considering how long it had been since you last painted anything, especially a person. But capturing his beautiful blue skin and the faint scars that you wanted to just trace for hours was easy. The eyes, you thought, were the hardest. Although finding the right shade of blue was difficult, finding the perfect gold-yellow took forever. He had so many different colors and so many different emotions...I don't-I, you're own author, couldn't describe what it took. Somehow you got it though.

And then Kurt took off running with painting.

Playing hide and seek with your lover was the most annoying thing in the world. It wasn't really that it was hard to find him, but he was like a kid and called the whole "You hafe to tag me first" trick and then would BAMF away every time you got close. You were starting to get nervous since you had an appointment with the girl's later. You had something coming up soon. And you were deathly excited. You just hoped that nothing went wrong.