Chapter 7: You're Blue

Not feeling creative? Maybe...or not.

"S-she's waking up!" Your eyes flutter open, revealing a gray ceiling. One that you had only seen once before and that was in... the lab. You huffed for a moment before regaining your air supply and sitting up. You must have been sleeping for some time to have lost so much of your breath. Then again, that only happened when...

"What the crap!?" You jerked at the sight of Wolverine looking at you with mix of shock, worry, and was that love? (Paternal of course)

"And you haven't changed a bit." You could only sit, frozen in shock, as Wolverine ruffled your hair. Seriously, what was going on?

"Haven't changed a bit? Why would I have? What's going on? Why-why is there a rag on my-" You raked your hand over your forehead to find a cool, wet rag resting on your otherwise hot skin.

"You don't know? Of course you don't, kid. You were sleeping." He chuckled. And since when was Wolverine so happy? He had always been gruff and...what was that smell. Logan chuckled again as he sets a bowl of chicken-n-dumplings in front of you. You instantly dive in, hunger ravishing your manners.

Logan watches in silence as you practically lick your bowl clean...only to have your stomach feel like it's tearing apart. "Wh-bleeeeeehhhh." (Was the sound effect really necessary? Yes. Yes it was. Get the reference?) Your friend assisted in finding you a trash can and followed by fetching clean clothes. You recognized the bag he brought and your eyes lit up. Shorts and tank top here you came.

After you'd showered and freshened up, you were surprised to find Xavier waiting for you instead of Logan. "I'm sorry (Y/N), but Logan had teaching duties to attend to," he said at the sight of your crestfallen face. You'd hoped to hang out with the big bear some more.

"Teaching duties? Since when-?"

"Can you promise to stay calm when I speak to you?" You balk at the look of concern in his eyes and give a hesitant nod.

"I believe I can."

"I should hope so." Xavier takes your left hand in both of his and your recognize it as a sign of comfort. "You've been asleep for almost five months. Thanksgiving is in a week."

~Somewhere else~

"Alright. I want everyone to line up. There is to be no moving, whatsoever, and absolutely no talking about what I'm going to say. Is that clear?" Logan had his hands behind his back, looking amusingly like an army sergeant giving new recruits orders(sorry if I got that wrong).

Kurt snickered at the sight and Logan gave him a death glare. "You keep that up and you'll be the last one."

"Last one to vat? Catch my tail?" He slipped the spaded appendage into his hand and achieved in getting everyone, including Ororo and Scott to chuckle.

"No. To see (Y/N)."

And that's when all hell broke loose.

~~~

You were scrolling through the latest news when the BAMF sound of particular teleporter announced his presence.  You looked up to find an older looking Nightcrawler. Or was that just because you had slept for so long?  He seemed to be taller and that look on his face brought back dozens of memories collected from a single week and safely preserved in your mind.

"K-Kurt?" Although you were happy, you weren't.  It may not make sense, but you felt as if...as if you'd missed out on a lot.

"He vas not lying.  You are avake."  W-was he starting to tear up?  Honey gold eyes, shining with tears, stared down at you in amazement.  "You are finally avake."  You stiffened when blue arms surrounding your thin body.  You'd grown weak and frail from not eating for those five months you had slept. Luckily, something had kept you alive.  You weren't sure what it was yet though.