Chapter 20, To The Next Dragon

Natsu's Pov, 

Rogue told us that Sting was also somewhere in the abandoned village most likely someplace underground. Lucy, Yukino and I were looking around the village. Lucy and Yukino were walking in front of me as I looked around, smelling the air. The scent of the demon was driving me crazy. I hated it. I could smell the demons blood-lust just from the scent. I didn't want Lucy to stay around here for long. "Sting" Yukino nearly shouted pressing the mark on her neck. Lucy stopped walking and looked around making me and Yukino look at her.

"What is it?" I asked no being able to sense anything. Lucy walked towards a building, Yukino and I following behind. We headed inside to see the place didn't have cobwebs and dust like the other buildings around the area. Someone had been in here a lot. I smelled around, the only thing filling my nose was the demon. I growled as Lucy looked at me worried. "The demon again?" Yukino asked as I nodded my answer. Lucy turned her head looking at an old looking carpet.  She walked over moving it to show a trap door.

"Lucy how did you know?" Yukino asked shocked as Lucy shrugged and then rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm not fully sure" Lucy answered sounding unsure. As Lucy opened the trapped door, I smelt the demon. I grabbed Lucy's arm pulling her behind me as I started growling. Yukino stepped back as we heard chains. "Sting" Yukino whispered as she stared at the entrance to the underground caven. She could sense him down there. "Get the others" I ordered making Lucy and Yukino look at me shocked and confused as I sighed.

"What?" Lucy asked, I could hear from her voice she hated that I ordered her to. I stepped where the entrance was. "The demon is heading this way, go get the others" I then answered as I knew what it was out for. Blood. I wasn't going to let the demon have my Lucy's blood. There was no chance would of let that happen. "Promise me you will be fine" Lucy then sounded worried as I turned my head and looked at her. I gave her my toothy grin. "I promise" I then replied as Lucy nodded. She grabbed Yukino's arm, dragging her off.

I stared down the entrance way to see glowing red eyes. It was watching and listening to us. My hands turned to fist as I growled. "I only want the white haired girl E.N.D" the demons voice was male. I growled more as I heard a small chuckle. My hands set on fire giving me a clear image of the demon. He was very tall with pale skin and pitch black hair. His eyes red as rubys as he just had an amused smile on his face. "You shouldn't of made a promise you couldn't keep E.N.D" the demon started to make me mad.

I felt E.N.D was watching, just in case he needed to take over. Just in case this demon headed toward our Lucy.....

Meanwhile, Lucy's Pov,

Yukino and I finally got back to the other out of breath as they all looked at us worried. "Demon, guarding Sting" Yukino manged to spit out as the Dragons ran off, smelling the air to find Natsu as Mira, Levy and Kagura walked over checking on me and Yukino. After catching out breath we chased after the Dragons heading toward the building we just came from. Soon as we got there the place was set on fire making us step back. "GUYS" Mira screamed worried as I looked around. There had to of been another way into the underground part.

"Sting is trapped underground, h-how will we help him?" Yukino asked her eyes were watering up as I looked at her. She was worried for her Dragon. She was very worried. I walked over putting my hand on her shoulder. "Yukino me and you will look for another way to get to the underground part, the rest of you help the boys" I ordered looking at all the girls. They all nodded. Kagura pulled out her sword as Mira smirked her eyes glowing as she turned into her demon form, from before and Levy rushed over toward the fire. 

"Solid Script: Water"Levy shouted moving her right arm as the word 'water' showed in front of her. It blasted out water at the fire helping put it down as I grabbed Yukino's arm dragging her off into the house next door. "It must be a tunnel underground leading to different houses" I muttered thinking looking around as Yukino tripped on the carpet. I walked over, helping her up as we move to carpet to see another trap down. Yukino and I smiled at each other opening it up. Yukino and I saw some stairs as I grabbed a stick on the ground and some old cloth from the room.

I put them together as I then grabbed two dark stones setting the cloth on fire. "Come on" I grabbed the stick going through the tunnel first. "A-alright" Yukino whispered behind me, I felt her following as we headed deep down the stairs until we hit a tunnel. "Press your mark" I whispered looking at Yukino who nodded doing it. Soon chains were heard. We headed toward the sound, I was praying that everyone else was all right as we got to a big brown door. Yukino and I looked at each other before opening it together....

We was both scared. I felt like someone was watching us....