4

As I'm making my way to his house I get this bad feeling in my stomach that I just can't shake. It feels more like butterflies knotting in my stomach. As I pull into the driveway I realize that I'm sweating profusely, but the weird thing is that it's not even the end of Spring. I walk up the cobblestone steps to his mansion. And when I say mansion, I really mean it. It seems to be about 3 stories with balconies. That's right balconies.I wipe my palms on my new dress. It reveals a little more than I want it to. I don't normally care what people think of me and I've known him forever, but I would kind of like it if Wesley knew that I wasn't a complete dud like my boyfriend. (Sorry Toby! But it's true!) I take a deep breath and knock on the door three times. By the third the door opens and I stumble through the entry. Wesley catches me by my wrist before I can fully face plant. He chuckles and pulls me up. "What an entrance!" He grins at me with that lopsided smile and I feel the butterflies in my stomach. "Thanks...I love your mansion! I mean house. What did it cost like a million dollars?" Oops I almost forgot that I stumble(verbally) in addition to being a klutz when I'm nervous. Wait a second? I'm nervous? Why? It's just Wes right? I've known him for as long as I can remember! He takes my jacket and chuckles lightly. "What's so funny?" I ask catching myself smiling. "Well, with that whole entrance and babbling when you're nervous makes me laugh." Oh shit! He caught onto me. "What do you mean, I'm not nervous? Who says that's what I do when I'm nervous? You don't know me!" I stammer. "Oh but I think I do. I've got you all figured out." "Oh really?" I ask intrigued.  "I'm getting something.....got it! You see that pool table over there and you really want to play, but you know that you'll lose desperately."  "Is that what your small brain told you?"  "Yes! Put it to the test and play some pool with me?" "Why not?"  We head over to the pool table.  I'm so absorbed in the game that hours go by and Wesley beats me every single game. "Shit. I'm beat." "You bet your ass you are." "My ass says it's going to beat yours because I've been taking it easy on you and letting you win!" "Is that so?" Wes moves closer to me and for some reason I don't back away with disgust. He looks down at me and then back up. "Are you checking me out? Trying to distract me from the game?" "In your dreams Duffy." "Duffy? What the hell Wes? My name is Bianca." "D.U.F.F. It means Designated Ugly Fat Friend." "Are you kidding me? You think after calling me fat and ugly that I'm going to help you now? In your dreams Wes!" I dump my coke on his head. "I hope that stains your fancy white Polo you asshole!" I grab my coat and sprint out of his house. I yank open the door to my Saturn. "Bianca wait!" "Bye Wes! Have fun failing Science you arrogant son of a bitch!"