16

Wesley. When I hear that name it makes my skin crawl. This time not like before, when I heard it I thought 'scabies' and that's really what made it crawl. It's different now. It's a good skin crawl like he's just so hot that I tremble in his presence. Although that's not really true. Notice I said not really true. Wesley and I are going to study again tonight. Just study! Unfortunately....Just kidding!......maybe.
********************************************
I place my pencil down and watch him write for a while. He has such beautiful handwriting for such a beautiful person. His eyes move over in my direction. "Look at your own paper Wes!" "How would you know that I'm looking at your paper unless you're looking at me? I guess you just can't handle my beauty!" I laugh and scoff. "Yeah okay." He smiles and laughs. That laugh that makes my skin crawl. I shiver a little. "You look cold, here let me put my scrawny arm around you." He says in a squeaky voice. "Who am I Duffy?" My skin crawls again with that name, I hate it. "Look, Toby may seem like a buzz kill...." "And?" "That's it. You're just peanut butter and jealous of him." I say biting my lip trying not to hold in a laugh. "Nope. That's because I am him! What a twist! Kiss me Bianca." He squeaks. He puckers his lips and leans towards me. I dodge it and he wrestles me for my arms and pins me on the bed. I struggle under his grasp. "Admit it. Your muscles are no match for mine. You're going to have to give in sometime."He pulls me in and our lips meet. We kiss for a long time and I pull away. "What?" "What do you mean what Wesley? I promised myself I wouldn't do this to Toby ever again!" He smiles and then stares at me. "What's so funny?" I ask. "You're kind of sexy when you're mad." "Shut up! That's probably your excuse to make out with me again. Like with every girl. It doesn't matter if I'm a Duff or not! You will make out with anyone who's willing!" "You're really turning me on right now"I shove him and he falls off the bed. Then I start laughing and I can't control myself. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard and he pulls me off the bed and I land on top of him. He stares at me again. "You're creeping me out a little!" "Sorry. It's just that I never knew that your eyes were green. Bianca. You have something right there. Let me get it for you." He leans in and I'm about to give into temptation when I hear the front door open. "Bianca, I'm home!" I glance over at the clock. The green flashing lights signal that it's midnight. "Wesley, that's my dad! You need to get out of here!" "Well I can't exactly go downstairs! What do you suggest we do?" "We? Climb out the window you dumbass!" "I'm the dumbass? You don't want to see your precious Wesley die do you?" I push him towards the window and pop the screen out. "There's a tree right there. Go!" I push him out and he disappears for a second. "Wesley, are you okay? Wesley?" "Haha you got so worried!" He says. "Where the hell are you?" "Up here!" He swings down and looks at me upside down. "I thought you fell!" "Nope. I just landed on a branch ten feet below and climbed up on the roof." "What? Ten feet? Are you okay?" "I'm fine but I think I crushed my nuts into oblivion." I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. "Go! Go!" I try to push him but he can't pull himself up. He's stuck. Dangling there. I hear the knob turning and my dad enters the room and at the same time Wesley disappears. "Who were you taking to?" "Jessica on the phone." "Then why is your screen popped out?" "I wanted to see...the full moon better!" "Okay well be careful." I sigh with relief as he turns around to leave. Wesley's hair pokes down. "Wait." He disappears again. "Are you sure you're not sneaking out? Or rather, someone sneaking in? It's not that Rush boy is it? I hear he's a bit of a troublemaker." "No. Nope." He moves me aside and looks out the window left and right and down. Then, when he looks up I stiffen. "Aha!" Oh no! "I knew there was a nest up there! Remind me to call the exterminator tomorrow." "Will do dad." He turns to leave again. "Oh and Bianca? I know it's kind of late but do you want to play a quick round of Scrabble?" "Well.." "Come on! We never spend time together!" "Sure." Oh no! What have I done? Wesley is out there by himself waiting. Nah. He's probably gone home by now.
********************************************
About an hour later I hear a knock on the window, then I hear it again. My dad doesn't seem to notice. I glance over and see Wesley motioning for his jacket and then shivers. 'One second!' I mouth. "Oh dad it's getting kind of late. I really should go to bed." "Good idea, we've been staying up too late! This weekend we'll have to make a schedule for that. Goodnight Bianca." "G'night dad." He kisses me on my forehead and closes the door behind him. I wait a few seconds to make sure he's not coming back. I put on my pajamas and get into bed. I look at the clock again. 1:30. "Wesley!" I whisper. I completely forgot about him! I look up on the roof and he's nowhere to be found. He went home. I notice the screen on the grass below. "Shit." I ease my way onto the closest branch and make my way down with only the dim flashlight on my phone. Once I feel the ground, I breathe a sigh of relief. Well, while I'm down here, I might as well take out the trash. I open the bin and a hand covers my mouth. "Don't scream. It's me." "Wesley,what the hell? Do you need your damn jacket that bad? Here." I hand him the jacket. "You smell like trash." "Nice pajamas." He says snickering. They have little ducks on them and I'm wearing duck slippers. "Go back to the pond." He laughs. "After you go back to the dump." Now it's my turn to laugh. "Why didn't you just go home?" "It started raining while I was on the roof and it was getting slippery. So I made my way down here because I didn't want to get my shirt wet. It was super expensive. So I thought that you would come with my jacket. But you forgot about me and went to bed. "How did you know that I went to bed? Wesley did you see me get dressed? God you perv." He laughs. "Only your bra and then you moved. I like polka dots. It's cute." My face is burning with embarrassment. "So you wanna kiss a man who smells like trash?" "I think I'll pass, as tempting as that sounds." I roll my eyes. "I see you rolling your eyes. That doesn't bother me. Add it to the list." "List?..." "Of things that turn me on." I push over the trash can and he falls on the ground. "That's where you belong." He throws a banana peel at me and it hits me in the face. He laughs and I throw it back. Soon we're having a garbage war. He helps me put everything back in the bin. "Hey...." "I don't like where this going." I say worried. "Now you smell like trash too. You know what that means?" He tackles me and kisses me again. "Your lips taste like trash. That was probably the worst kiss I've ever had."The only kisses you've ever had were from me. And no kisses from Wesley Rush are bad kisses." I fight the urge to roll my eyes and laugh. "You're laughing because you know it's true." " You know that you're kind of ridiculous?" "And why is that B?" "Because your house is right across the street and you care about your shirt that much that you can't make a run for it." "There's a lot of things that I care about Bianca. And when Wesley Rush cares about things, he never lets anything bad happen to them and he never gives up." "And what are some of those things?" "Maybe if you give me a goodbye kiss I'll let you know..." I lean in and he dodges it. "Too slow for Wesley Rush." "You know that I really hate you right?" "The feeling is mutual." He winks, and with his jacket draped over his shoulder, Wesley Rush leaves me in awe once again.