7

As soon as I get home, I run to my room and slam the door and lock it. I sit on the floor for a little while and eventually I'm just down to sniffles. Why would I do that? Why would I kiss him? I have a boyfriend! What's wrong with me? My thoughts are interrupted as a familiar knock comes from the door. Not just any knock. Three of them. It's probably just the pizza that I ordered. It can't be him. I can't see over the roof so I head downstairs. It's Wesley. He knocks again. Knock. Knock. Knock. I take a deep breath and open the door. He opens his mouth to say something and I change my mind and shut it in his face. I search around the room for what I'm looking for and find a yellow note pad and black pen. I messily scratch some words on it and send it under the door.
********************************************
Bianca: What do you want?
Wesley: I want to talk to you
Bianca: We are talking. Besides I already know what you're going to say.
Wes: Yeah and what's that?
Bianca: That you don't like me like that and you don't go for DUFFs like me.
Wes: No
Bianca: No I'm wrong, or no I'm right?
Wes: what do you think that no means Bianca? When someone asks a question and you respond no that normally means the opposite to their question. And ha! I knew that you'd fall for me eventually, just like they all do!
Bianca: So what does this mean then Wes? You don't actually like me do you?
Wes: Here's two things I've learned today: You must not hate me as much as you say you do. Considering you just made out with me. And another thing: Even though you may be a DUFF, everyone is. There will always be someone prettier or smarter than you. I hate to admit it but I guess I'm a DUFF then too. And also there's one more thing: You're not as unattractive as I thought you were.
Bianca: I did NOT make out with you Wes. It was a kiss and I regret it. It was in the moment and I needed someone to vent to. I guess I was just tired of talking. I have never done anything so stupid before and I'm sorry.
Wes: Wow. A girl has never apologized for kissing me before. Well there's a first for everything.
Bianca: Is this some lame attempt at flirting to try to make me feel better? Because this will NOT be happening again Wes.
Wes: Let your bf know that he's a lucky guy.
Bianca: You're sending me mixed messages here.
Wes: I'm just saying that he's lucky to have someone as sweet as you are. Even though my Polo begs to differ. (That was my favorite shirt!)
Bianca: Sorry about that.....
Wes: Stop apologizing to me Bianca!
Bianca: Sorry! Shit! Sorry! Gahhhhh
Wes: I have to go Bianca but it was nice 'talking to you' . Maybe next time we can try face to face.
Bianca: But your face makes me want to barf.
Wes: That's not what you were thinking when you were smooching it!
Bianca: Can we put this whole 'smooching' thing behind us?
Wes: Unless....
Bianca: NO!
Wes: Just messing with you. See you later Bianca ;)
********************************************
Seeing that winky face reminds me of his usual departure. He's right, it was nice talking to him. Without the usual stress and peer pressure of school. It's nice being off campus. And as much as I hate to admit it, I like being around Wes. As I hear his car door slam, I imagine him doing his usual cocky grin and my heart skips a beat as I flip over the paper and find the words: "Wesley's#" followed by a 7 digit number. Then under it: "Call me Bianca, I'd like to hear your voice next time" -Wes:)