Chapter Two

Ali's POV

There comes a time in every one's life when they have to do some pretty crazy things for the one's the love and this date tonight is just one of them. Katie has been driving me up a wall all day about what I'm going to wear.

And I'm telling you I might have to kill her before the day is out. I walk into the café and head straight for the back. I need a few minutes to just breathe and rest my brain.

I take of my shoes and jacket and lay on the ground my head is pounding and I feel light headed all thanks to Katie. Why did I agree to this double date? These things never end well and with Katie.

At times like these I miss Rosy she is Jose's twin sister and the only one that can keep Katie off of me. I still don't see why she had to go so fa away from me I miss her like crazy. The sound of footsteps told me that Jose is here.

"Hey when is your sister coming back because I need her to save my ass" I say with a giggle.

"Do you know that you can catch a cold from doing that" I hear a husky voice say.

My eyes flew open to see Mr. Ross hovering over me with a worried look on his face. I sigh and take to my feet. I turn around to look at him he is wearing another one of his grey suits.

God why is this man here I know he owns the café but I'm sure he has better things to do than baby sit this small shop. I give him a smile and head out into the café and he follows me. I place my jacket and bag under the counter and put on my apron.

After I secure my apron and pinned my hair up I was ready to work but there was one thing missing music. I fish out my iPad and set it up.

Once I had music and everything was in order I sat to work. I have this big smile on my face as I greet the morning rush. I don't know why but all my nervousness about the date tonight is gone and I'm relaxed.

By lunch time Jose is back and helping me out and we are back to normal. I was in the middle of plating Katie's lunch when I noticed the Mr. Ross was still here. He was sitting in the reading area with a novel in his hands.

I place Katie's lunch in the microwave and set about setting up a special meal for him. After a few minutes I had a grill cheese sandwich and some coffee ready for him. I walk over to him and place them on the table in front of him.

He looks down at it then back at me and I can see that he wants to smile but he's trying to hide it. He places his book on the table and leans back looking at me.

"Thank you" I say with a smile and turn to leave when he speaks.

"You're different" he says seriously stopping me in my tracks.

I turn to look at him his eyes serious and dark as if he's trying to read me. I was about to say something when Katie walked up to me and pulled me away.

"I have got the perfect dress for you" she smiles showing me the bag.

I look down at the bag then back at her if I know Katie this is going to be some short dress that sucks to me. I open my mouth to speak when she runs off to grab her lunch and I am left with the dress.

This will not end well for me.

***

It is after six and the café is closed for the day. I am standing in the bathroom changing in the dress that Katie dropped off for me. I take a deep breath and walk out into the bathroom. I walk in front of the mirror.

My eyes widen in shock as I look at the dress it is light green to match my eyes it is short but not all that short. For once Katie got something right I smile as I look at the dress it isn't all that bad.