Chapter Twenty

Ali's POV

It's noon and I am standing under a big oak tree in the park. I look down at my watch as time slowly passes by and I'm getting worried. It was never like Patrick to be late not when it has to do with his money.

I look around the park trying to spot him or any of his men. I really hope that he'll take what I have to give him. After I checked my saving minus the Twenty-five thousand that I have for my parents in case of an emergency.

I had about twenty thousand left I just hope it will be enough for right now until I can find something else to give him. I really hate the idea of a loan shark on my ass for money but I have no other choice.

I look down at my watch to see that it ten after one and I frown. Okay now I know that something is wrong. Something definitely isn't right and I'm beginning to worry.

"Beautiful day huh" I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn around to find Giovanni standing behind me. He is in his suit from this morning it's grey and light and it makes him look odd next to the tourists. What is he doing here he should be at work.

I don't want him anywhere near Patrick I don't want him to kill him. God how I wish I could kill Ryan for all this mess that he's once again left me in.

"What are you doing here?" I ask looking at him.

"Patrick told me to tell you that he couldn't make this date" he says walking up to me.

I frown how the hell does he know his name. Did he? No he didn't.

"Please tell me you didn't pay off my brothers debt" I say my voice serious.

He smiles. I close my eyes and try to breath as I feel my anger rising. I know that what he did was sweet and all but this is my problem and I need to handle it on my own.

And I hate the idea of him bailing my brother out of this mess it's not his job. But it's yours? My subconscious asks. And I frown.

Is it my job to look after him? I mean I've been doing it for so long that it feels like the only way I know how to stay connected to him.

"Thank you" I say softly.

He walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me into. I rest my head on his chest as I calm down. God I love this man the things that he is willing to do to keep me happy. I should find a way to repay him. Yes I'll do that.

***

I am in the elevator going up to Giovanni's floor and to say I'm nervous would be the understatement of the year. My plan of repaying Giovanni is in motion and god I hope it works. The elevator comes to a stop and I get off.

The minute I step foot in the place everyone stops and looks at me and I blush. I am wearing a light red dress that hugs my body tight showing off all my curves. My hair is curled and down around my shoulders.

I feel very different in this dress sexy and I guess they all think so as they can't stop looking at me. I smile and walk towards his office when I get there I see Paula sitting at her desk she takes to her feet when she sees me.

"Hi is he free?" I ask. God let him be free.

"He's in a conference but I could get him for you" she tells me.

"No don't" I say softly.

As much as I want to take him out to dinner and spend time with him I know how important his work is. Well my plan has failed and I feel bad.