Chapter Four

Ali's POV

When I wake the next morning my mind went straight to Giovanni and all that I read about him last night. I still can't believe or understand what a man like him is doing in my small little world or why he's even here.

I crawl out of bed and into the shower. After I shower and got dressed in a pair of boy shorts and an oversized T-shirt I head out into the living room. I stop in my tracks at the sight that I see Harry and Katie curled in each other's arms and naked.

Okay someone's night went well I quietly took up my bag and headed for the door I don't want to be here when they wake. I shake my head and plug in my earphones as I head out into the early morning.

Your probably thinking where am I going so early and on a Saturday morning. Well if you must know I'm going to the café to finish sorting out those books that I found yesterday. You might think I'm crazy and maybe I am but I love doing it.

I walk into the café and head straight for my wall and smile. This should keep me busy all day and not give me a chance to think about Giovanni.

It's about lunch time now and I have yet to reach half of the wall this is a lot harder than I think if I don't get this done by seven I might have to cancel on Giovanni. That might not be a bad idea.

I walk over to my bag and fish out my phone to call him I find his number and dial it; he picked up on the first ring.

"Hi" he says softly.

I stand tongue tied as I try to find my words. Why does this man make so damn nervous? Get a grip! My subconscious yells at me.

"Hi I'm sorry but I can't make dinner tonight" I say in one breath.

"What's wrong?" he asks and I can hear the concern in his voice.

What isn't wrong? Oh let me think your rich and rich people are dangerous and deadly. I sigh and lean against the wall as I ask for strength.

"Nothing I'm just..." I trail off. "I'm sorry" I hang up.

I sink to the ground holding my phone. I know that that was the right thing to do so why do I feel so bad about it now. I shake my head and take to my feet I need to focus on my work and put all thoughts about Giovanni Ross to bed.

***

"Ali what's wrong you've been in a funk all day" Katie says over the phone.

It's almost seven and I decide to call her to see how she is and if I'll be seeing her tomorrow or if she's going out with Harry. Bad idea. All she has done is tell me about how much I sound like I've been hit by the depression train.

And she is right ever since I canceled on Giovanni I have been in kind of a funk. I don't know why but I feel bad for doing it. I was really looking forward to that date and now I don't have one.

"Look I'm fine you just go out and have fun" I tell her.

"Okay now I know that something is wrong what is it?" she presses.

I sigh what can I tell her that I am mad at myself for turning down a perfectly good guy all because he's rich. Yeah right she wouldn't understand at all.

"Look Katie I have to go these books aren't going to pack themselves I'll see you later" I hang up before she could object.

I place my phone in my bag and return to doing what I was doing. At exactly eight o'clock I was finished packing up all the books. I take a deep breath and look at my handy work I really am good at this stuff.