Chapter Twelve

Ali's POV

There comes a time in your life when you realize that there is a side to yourself that you never knew existed. A dark dangerous part that has been locked away for most of your life and then set free through fear.

I am standing in the crowded café serving people it's the lunch rush and I am all alone again. Jose is out sick with the flu and I am flying so low. Can my week get any worse? I really need to talk to Jose about hiring some more help.

Because seriously we can't do this by ourselves anymore. This café has taken on a heap more business since Giovanni bought it. I smile as I think about him I miss him. It's only been a day since I last saw him.

I wish I could call him but since I don't know where he is or what time it is there I don't want to bother his work either. Just as I finish serving my last table Katie walked in with a frown.

She walks up to the counter and takes out her lunch. Just as I was about to ask what was bothering her he walked in. I froze in the spot as I look at him.

He looks the same but different. His messy unruly dark brown hair like our mom and dad's cool black eyes. He smiles as he walks up to me his face hard and masculine just like I remember.

"Hey little sis" he says with a smile.

"Ryan" I say and I can't keep the bitterness out of my tone.

He sighs. "Still mad I see I don't blame you I did some shitty things" he says and it sounds more like a confession than admission. Maybe he has changed.

"Well at least we have something we can agree on" I look over at Katie and she's quiet too quiet for my liking.

I walk up to her and took hold of her hand and bring her over to the reading area where I sat her down.

"What's wrong?" I ask looking at her.

"I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen to you" she says seriously.

"Katie I'm fine stop worrying" I tell her. "Now come on your lunch is getting cold"

After Katie had lunch and I had a somewhat chat with my brother it was night and I was getting ready to go to my bed that is the coach in the reading area. Just as I turn out the lights and headed for the coach there was a knock.

I turn around and look at the door to see Helen standing at the door. I take a deep breath as I open the door. She walks in and looks around before she looks back at me.

I have a feeling that she is here to make trouble and that trouble is not for me but for Giovanni. I think she hates the idea of our relationship. Buy why I wonder.

"It's kind of late to be working don't you think" she questions looking at me.

"I don't know" I say feeling intimidated.

She looks around the café again then her eyes land on the reading area and she widens her eyes at it. I look down at my hand as she looks at me okay I know where this is going.

"Are you living here?" she asks and I can hear the joy in her voice.

I keep my eyes glued to my fingers as I don't dare look up. Maybe this is the something bad that Katie was talking about.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I ask my voice low.

"Actually I'm here to help you" she smiles taking me by surprise. "I can see that you are clearly in love with Giovanni and I'm happy for you but you should know that he won't love you back"