Chapter Twenty-Eight

Ali's POV

When I wake the next morning Giovanni isn't with me but my family is I turn in bed and they all smile. I can see the relief and joy in their eyes I sit up in bed and to my joy I can handle my body once again.

My dad is the first to hug me and I sigh smelling his sweet smell of tobacco and scotch he smells like my dad and I like it. I look up at him and he has tears running down his face I reach up and wipe his eyes.

I place a kiss on his forehead and he chuckles. My mom is the next to hug me she looks really pale and I know she has been worried. Her tears roll freely as he wipes mine I wipe hers and we laugh.

I look up at the door to see Ryan standing by the door he has a big smile on his face and tears in his eyes as he looks at me. I look down to see that his hand is broken and he has a lot of cuts on his left arm.

"Get over here" I say as the tears run down my face.

He walks up to me and pull me into a big hug as we all cry I can't believe just how much he gave up just to keep me safe. All this time when I was scolding and hating him he was protecting me he is more mature than I ever thought and it makes me love him more.

After some homemade chicken soup and a quick check by the doctor I was allowed to go home. I look over at Giovanni as we pull up at my parents and he has a smile on his face as he stares at me.

I can see the love in his eyes and it makes me smile to know that he didn't leave me that he stood by me through all of this. He take my hand and kisses my engagement ring and I blush.

"I love you so much don't ever leave me" he says sadly.

"I'm never going anywhere I love you too much to let another woman have you" I say making him a smile.

He pulls me into him and places a light kiss on my lips I moan and kiss him back. I can feel all my problems and stress vanish as he held me in his arms.

This is the beginning of our new life and I have this feeling that it is going to be grand.

Epilogue

Two years later...

"Mrs. Ross your husband is on line one for you" my assistant says over the intercom.

I turn around in my chair and look at my phone I smile as I take up the phone. Who would have thought that I would become a queen in the publishing world and married to the king of the corporate world.

Life couldn't be better Giovanni and I have been married for two years now and I am telling you it has been pure bliss and love. I look down at my desk at a picture of him and our daughter.

Two year old Ava Ross she is the splitting image of me bright red hair light grey eyes and is very attached to her dad. She has him wrapped around her little finger and she is only two.

I smile as I think about all that we have been through together and it makes me smile to know that the worse is over and we can finally be happy like we deserve to be.

"Hello handsome" I say as I pick up my phone.

"You're in a good mood today any particular reason" he asks.

I smile. "Yes I'm in love with an amazing guy and I have a beautiful daughter" I tell him.

"Amazing huh"

I laugh as I think about his smirk right now. Man how I love him everything about him gets to me and turns me on in so many ways.

"Yes but he can be a pain sometimes" I say seriously.

He chuckles. "Oh I'll show you pain. Ava has a play date with Brad so that means we have the house to ourselves" he tells me.

Ava and Brad are inseparable and the most mischievous pair of kids I know. Brad is Freya's and Tim's son. Katie and Harry got married and are expecting their first child I think she says she's having twins.

Jose and Helen are still together and we have become great friends who would have thought that I would like her let along be friends with her life really has changed a lot.

Ryan met this girl on his travels in Europe and decided to stay there and live out his life and I'm happy for him. We talk every day and he comes home every Christmas.

"Hummm sounds like someone is missing me" I tease biting my lip.

I can hear his sharp intake of breath and I giggle even over the phone I can turn him on it makes me feel so powerful.

"Oh Mrs. Ross wait until I get my hands on you" he warns and I'm wet.

"In that case I should finish up my work and go home and hide" I say with a smirk.

"Yes you do that" I hear sounds in the background and I know he has to go. "I have to go babe see you at home I love you"

"I love you too" I say and we hang up the same time.

Life really doesn't get any better that this everything is perfect and I don't wouldn't change a single thing in my life.

pi夊