Chapter Twenty-Five

Ali's POV

When I wake it's evening and the sun is going down I turn to my right to see that Giovanni isn't there and I frown. Our conversation from earlier came into my mind and I sigh I don't know why but I feel threatened by a ghost.

I mean she is dead and I'm alive why should I let her bother me but she does. I don't know if it's the resemblance but something about her told me that she's still here.

I get out of bed and into the living room I need to eat I feel really weak and tired. When I walk in everyone turns to look at me and I blush.

"Hey champ feeling better" Jose asks pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah just a bit hungry" I say looking around the room for Giovanni but he isn't there. "Where's Gio?"

"He went for a walk" Freya says with a frown.

I look around the room and notice that Helen isn't here either. I sigh and shake my head that woman is after something but I don't have time to dwell on it as I'm hungry real hungry.

I don't know why but I've been real hungry lately and craving the strangest things god I hope I'm not sick.

Once I have food in my system and I'm feeling much better I head out of the house and into the woods. I follow the path that leads down to a lake and I smile. I don't care what happens I love the lake.

Just as I reach the lake I noticed that Helen and Giovanni are here they are sitting on a bench talking. They look close like great friends and I smile. As much as I don't like her I know that she understands Giovanni.

He looks up when I near them and I can see something sad in his eyes and I frown. I feel bad for the way I acted earlier it just gets to me that I look like his first love and it scares me that he doesn't really love me.

"I'll give you two some space" Helen says and leaves.

I take a seat next to him I feel like this whole trip is starting to go downhill and I don't want it to I was having a good time I want to continue having that feeling.

"I'm sorry" I say looking down at my hand. "I got angry on you"

"No you have every right to be" he tells me softly.

I look up at him and he is staring at the lake I take his hand and give him a kiss on it. He sighs and turns to look at me.

"It was painful wasn't it losing her like that" I say looking at him.

"I spent most of my days out here just drowning my sorrows and wishing I would die I felt as if the world had stopped moving" he tells me sadly.

"Does it still hurt?"'

"Sometimes I just wish I knew how to deal with it" he tells me.

I smile this gives me and idea he looks at me and is confused as to why I'm smiling and take to my feet and took off my coat resting it on the bench.

I pull him to his feet and take his off too and he widens his eyes as I reach for his shirt and I can see the fear in his eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I ask my eyes holding his.

"Yes" he breaths and I know it's a hard thing for him.

I take off his shirt and rest it on the bench beside our coat and I place a light kiss on his chest and he groans.

"You have to overcome this fear it's hard but doable" I say looking at the lake behind us.

I haven't been on the ice in so long that I don't know if I can but I need to show him that he can overcome his fears. I walk over to the lake and step on I close my eyes as I move over it.