Chapter Seventeen

Ali's POV

I am standing in the elevator riding up to Giovanni's office and it has occurred to me that up until now I didn't know that he was the CEO of his own company. Or that he has businesses all over the world.

I look over at him has we ride up he has his head down in his phone his hand in mine as he gently strokes my knuckles. I blush as his touch is alluring and I want to jump him right there in the elevator.

I look down at my dress that I chose to wear. It is a light green fine strapped dress that is flare at the bottom and is just above my knees. For the first time in a while I allowed my hair to fly around me.

I don't know why but I feel very nervous about being here and why shouldn't I, I mean it's corporate world. I nervously brush my hair behind my ears as the elevator nears the top floor.

"I like your hair down" Giovanni's soft voice distracts me and I blush.

He turns to me and grabs my chin making me look at him; he gently strokes my cheek and kisses me lightly.

"Your beautiful" he says looking me in the eyes.

I blush as the elevator comes to a stop and he pulls away and I walk into his office. I stop in my track in the receptionist area taking it all in. The entire office is in white but it's not a bright blinding white.

It's more of a light near cream kind of white. There are some paintings hanging on the wall they look expensive and of good quality. The furniture is glass and white with a touch of red here and there.

I look around at the staff and they are all dressed in smart suits with their hair neat and in place they remind me of robots for some reason. I look up at Giovanni and he's smirking at me.

"Come" he takes my hand and leads me to his office.

The minute we near his office a tall blonde haired woman jumped to her feet and rushed to us. I can see the shock on her face when she sees me but she quickly hides it.

"Good morning sir" she says her voice soft as Giovanni hands her his coat.

He then takes mine off and hands it to her too.

"Paula this Ali my girlfriend Ali this Paula my PA" Giovanni introduces us.

"Hi" I give her a small smile and a wave.

"Pleasure. Sir your ten o'clock has been set up in the conference room they have all been briefed and are awaiting your arrival" she says all in one breath.

Giovanni shakes his head in understanding he fishes out his phone and answers it. I frown he must have it on vibrate as I didn't hear it ring.

"I know I'm dealing with it" he says and hangs up. "Come"

I gave Paula a small smile as I follow Giovanni down the hall and into his conference room. I pale and grip his hand in fear. This is not going to end well.

All the men in the room takes to their feet when we walked in their eyes are fixed on me and I feel really nervous. I grip on Giovanni's hand as I try not to look flush or nervous and so far it's working.

"Good morning" Giovanni says and I can hear the professional side of him coming out. "You men don't mind if my girlfriend joins us?"

All the men look around the room at each other and I can see the shock on their faces as look they back at me. I can't tell if it's because I'm here or what Giovanni asked. They all shake their head.

Giovanni makes his way to the head of the table taking me with him he pulls out the chair next to him for me to sit and I do. He sits beside me at the head of the table his hand still in mine and the meeting begins.