Chapter Nine

Ali's POV

I am lying in bed with Giovanni wrapped around me he is fast asleep but for some reason I don't seem to be able to fall asleep. The words of that voice have been in my head on a loop all evening and I can't seem to get rid of them.

I turn to look at Giovanni and he is fast asleep. I still can't believe that I am with such a beautiful man. Everything about him is beautiful and smart. I smile as I watch him sleep he looks so calm and cute.

I don't know how long I lay there watching him but I eventually fell asleep with him holding me. I wake the next morning to an empty bed I frown as I miss Giovanni from my bed. I look at the clock on his night stand to see that it's after nine.

I quickly got out of bed and into the shower's I'm so glad that I brought and overnight bag as I really don't feel like leaving this place. After I have showered and gotten dressed in jeans and one of Giovanni's shirts I went in search of him.

I walk into the kitchen and was about to pour myself a glass of orange juice when I spot a note on the counter. I walk over and take it up to see that it's from Giovanni.

'Had an early meeting should be back by lunch.

I will be thinking of you.

Please eat.'

I frown as I look at the note he is at work on a Saturday that's strange. I place the note on the counter and walk back into the bedroom. I pick up my phone I have to call him I just want to hear his voice.

Just as I find his number and was about to call him I heard the ping of the elevator and I know that someone is here. I walk into the living room just as Freya and Helen walks in.

Freya smiles and gives me a hug when she sees me while Helen just smile but I can see that it's not a genuine smile. I wonder what her problem is with me but I don't have time to dwell on it has Freya talks to me.

"Is my brother here?" she asks.

My eyes widened in shock so this is his big sister the one that is always driving him she doesn't look crazy to me but then again I don't really know her.

"He didn't tell you I was his sister did he?" she says trying to sound hurt and I laugh.

"He's not here I think he's in a meeting" I say sadly.

She shakes her head. "Typically. Well I just stop by to tell him that mom is having a small get together and she wants him to be there" she tells me.

"I'll let him know" I say with a smile.

"Hey we were just going to go shopping would you like to come?" she asks and I can see the excitement in her eyes.

"I don't know..." I don't really do shopping that's not my thing that is more Katie than me.

"Oh come on it will be fun" she says trying to change my mind.

I really don't want to go it's not me and not to mention I don't have that kind of money to spend on just a single dress.

"Okay" I say giving in.

***

Okay there is shopping and then there is over shopping. I have been going from store to store with Freya and Helen as they shop for the perfect dress. I don't even know why they are buying a dress but it must be important if they are looking this hard.

I walk around looking at a few summer dresses of all different color and style. They all look amazing. I stop in front of a white fine strap dress. It is cotton and flare at the bottom.