Chapter Three

Ali's POV

I wake feeling a bit tired and tensed I walk into the living room of the apartment looking for Katie she is usually the first one up but she's not here. I sigh and get ready for work.

It's Friday which means I have a lot to do before tomorrow and the big weekend rush. After I shower and got dressed in a jeans pants and white T-shirt. I grab my bag and phone and head for the door.

Just as I open the door to walk out I saw Katie coming in she is wearing her dress from last night and a big smile on her face. I don't have to ask I know what happened and I don't want to know. After we hug and exchange a few words I went to work.

I walk into the café to find Jose singing and dancing along to some pop song and I giggle. He turns around when I walk in and pulls me into his arms and start dancing with me.

We dance around for a few minute before the breakfast rush stopped us. We smile and put the fun on hold as we went to work. After a few hours of being on my feet it was time for me to take a break.

I am sitting in the reading area with my novel that Jose gave me and begin to read. I was in the middle of my book when I see a girl walk in. She looks about ten years old and has short black hair and bright brown eyes.

She looks around the café then over to the book area before her eyes land on me. She gives me a small smile and continue to look around. I think she needs help with something. I take to my feet and walk up to her.

"Hi can I help you?" I say with a smile.

"Hi I'm looking for a novel" she says softly.

"Okay what novel tell me the name and I'll find it for you" I tell her.

"Jane Eyre" she blushed.

I smile and carried her over to the novel section and we both begin to look for the novel. After a long time we finally found the novel. I look over at the girl and she is smiling a lot.

"I'm Annie" she says when I'm checking out her book.

"Ali. Good choice" I hint at the book.

"Oh it's not for me it's for my grandma she's sick and this seems to be the only thing that makes her smile" she says sadly.

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that" I look down at the book then back at the bill.

I can't do it this girl is so young yet she understands how to make her family happy.

"On the house" I say giving it to her. I'll just pay out of my own pocket.

"Are you sure?" she asks.

I give her a smile and walk around the counter and give her a hug.

"Yes now go read to your grandma who knows you might even like the book" I tell her.

She hugs me again and starts crying. I hug her back as she cries I don't know why but I feel as if something is wrong with this girl.

"Annie what's wrong?" I ask running my hands through her hair.

"I'm sorry" she says and runs.

"Hey" I say following behind her.

I don't know why but I feel as if this girl needs my help she is running down the street and I'm right behind her. I try keeping up with her but she crosses the street just as I was about to step out I was pulled back.

I feel a pair of really strong arms wrap around my waist and I am pulled back to a hard chest. I feel all the air leave my body and I feel safe and secure. I am rested back on my feet I turn around to see Giovanni standing behind me.