Chapter Eighteen

Ali's POV

"Wow" I say as I walk into the restaurant.

Joana had made reservation at a small intimate restaurant not far from Giovanni's office and I have to admit it is breath taking.

The walls are painted in blood red with black roof and white seating areas it truly is beautiful. There is a big chandelier hanging in the middle of the restaurant and soft music playing.

"This place is beautiful" I gasp as Giovanni pulls out my seat.

"Not as beautiful as you" he tells me.

I blush as I take my seat I look around to see that there is an extra place set. I frown is someone else joining us. Before I can get to ask she walked in. I roll my eyes as she nears our table.

Man can't this woman get a life she is just everywhere this family is main Giovani. I can't help but wonder if there was ever anything between them I make a mental note to ask Giovanni about it.

"Sorry I'm late guys" she says with a fake smile. "Oh Ali"

"Helen" I say and I can't keep the bitterness out of my voice.

I can feel Giovanni's gaze on me but I don't feel like looking at him right now. The waiter comes to our table and I take up my menu to see that it's in Italian I frown as I look over the menu.

"Oh Ali you probably don't speak Italian don't worry Giovanni will order for you" Helen says sweetly but I can hear the distain in her voice.

I clench my jaw trying to keep my anger in I look over my menu again and decide to show her not to insult my intelligence again. I turn to the waiter and order my meal in Italian. I turn to look at her and she is shocked.

At times like these I'm glad I did world history it cover the basic in almost every language of each country that I studied. I look over at Giovanni and he is eyeing me worriedly I give him a small smile.

"Oh Ali tell us what do you do?" Helen asks.

I look up at her and she has her eyes squarely on me.

"I work in a book café" I say with a smile.

"My book café" Giovanni adds kissing my cheek.

"A book café interesting"

"Yeah I really haven't thought about what I would do after I left school so I continued working there"

The waiter brings our appetizer and everyone digs in but I don't I know that if I eat now I'll never touch my lunch and besides it's raspberry salad.

"Ali" I hear Giovanni says and I know what he's going to say.

"No" I tell him softly.

I don't want to get into a fight and I don't want to get sick as I'm allergic to raspberry.

"I'm allergic" I add before he can say anything.

He pales as he looks at me I give him a small smile and stroke his cheek he really worries too much. I give him a light kiss and we talk while they eat.

A few minutes later lunch was served and to my surprise I was hungry. I dig in to my Italian salad with salmon on the side. I have always loved this combination. I am eating and talking with Joana and Freya and having fun.

I notice that every time I speak or smile Helen rolls her eyes and sighs as if annoyed. I try not to let it bother me but my curiosity is getting the better of me and so is my anger.