Chapter8: Abandoned

🎭🎭🎭

Harley Quinn woke up with white walls around her, kept on remembering what had happened hours ago. She felt a slight pain all over her body due to accident they had met.

Puddin? The only name that came first into her mind. Everything flashed back in her brain, and hatred covered her chest when she remembered what Batman did do to them.

"Now you're awoke," A deep voice came to the door when it swung open.

Harley tried to move a little. "Bats?"

"How do you feel?"

"Stop acting as if you care!" she groaned. "Where's Mister J?"

"Joker's not with you, Quinn," he retorted when he finally stopped in front of her hospital bed.

She furrowed her eyebrows and tried to stand up but she felt a cold metal fastened around her right wrist. "He's with me! So why the fuck you're telling me that?"

"You really want to know what did he do?" Batman questioned when he stared at her deeply that made Harley swallowed her own saliva, heart throbbing nonstop; she's afraid about the truth. "The moment when you were drowning, I dove down there, and I saw only you. . . No Joker . . ."

She felt a waters already forming in the corners of her eyes; her heart also skipping a beat for the thought what if her puddin was bleeding intensively? Who would help him?

". . . you know what does it mean?" he questioned when he stepped beside the bed. "He saved his life, and left you almost dying there. So you think he does care for you? That he loves you? No he doesn't. He abandoned you. So move on, Quinn."

Tears poured down on her cheeks because those horrific words were enough to let her emotion revealed. Her breathings became heavier as Harley wept in so much pique.

"N—No. . . you're lying. . ."

"Oh really?" His voice became even deeper, "Then where is he? Why he didn't even bother to save you and let you out there? Tell me."

"He does love me!" she whimpered, glaring at him.

Batman never replied. He was just looking at her as pity started running on his heart. How could Joker made the woman to be like that? How could she tell him that the clown did love her?

"Take your rest and we're leaving after a moment."

Batman turned his back and stepped towards the door, but Harley Quinn made her stopped.

". . . can you please find him? I'm so worried about him."

He never answered. Instead, he turned the knob and left the woman alone.

"Bats—" When she tried to stop him once more, she felt a slight pain on her stomach that made her face twisted a little bit as she attempted to move forward.

She was left alone, and every negative things were clouding her confused mind.

                         >>>♦♥♦<<<

A moment later, Harley finally arrived at Arkham Asylum and stayed in her old cell which was opposite to the Joker's. The minx felt severe sadness as she stepped forward the cell grills, clutching her leaned-fingers onto it with a softened eyes.

She was scanning its every corners as every good memories started crossed in her mind: about their first session, his first laugh and smile towards her and the romance she believed they had with each other.

"Where are you now, Puddin?" she muttered when she heaved a deep sigh and turned around just to have huddle herself on her bed.

She couldn't let that Batmaniac got into her mind, trying to brain wash her, or telling some horrible words against her Puddin.

Batman didn't have any idea about them, so why he judged his love towards her? She couldn't believe, no— never.

But then, there was part of her mind battling the beating of her heart. Harley Quinn shook her head and bounced onto her bed, thinking all over again.

Which was lie? Which was truth?

"How can I believe him, Puddin?" she questioned when he saw Joker in the corner, smiling at him. "If the only truth for me is you?"

The sound of the opening cell made her back to reality as she noticed Joker's figure suddenly vanished into the thin air; her eyes started moistening for the thought that, if there's something she could do right at that moment— especially when she's missing him—  was to create delusions, and picture his white face in her head over and over again.

Two guards and her new psychiatrist behind them finally got inside. They went towards Harley and restrained her while she was gawking to nowhere.

"You can leave now," said the female doctor.

As they were left together inside, she dragged the chair and silently sat down on it; her patient was still gawking, and it seemed that she didn't have any plan to say anything.

"Hi, Miss Quinzel," she began, "As you can see, I'll be your new psychiatrist. I'm Doctor Stewart."

"Miss Quinzel?"

"Miss—"

"Call me Harley. Harley Quinn— yea that's my name and don't you dare calling me that name again if you want your tongue still be in its place," she retorted, slowly looking at Dr. Steward with her blank stare until her red lips forcedly turned into a huge smile, as her eyes were wide open— filled with insanity.

Dr. Stewart cleared her throat, and admitted to herself that the sudden expression of the female clown crept her. "Okay, how do you feel now? I heard that you met an accident."

Her huge smile slowly faded away, but still she's looking at her with the same expression of her blue eyes. "What do you think, Doctor?"

"You can tell me, I'll listen."

"Everybody can listen, but that doesn't mean they can understand."

"At least give me a chance to try," Dr. Stewart answered, trying to give her a friendly smile.

It so obvious that her tears were already formed in every corners of her eyes. However, she didn't want to be so pathetic in front of that woman, that she tried and tried to hold her emotions, but there was something in her Doctor that made her to be soft. The same feeling she once gave to the clown prince when she was still his Doctor.

"Have you ever been in love?" Harley questioned.

Her psychiatrist looked surprised, although she was aware that the woman in front of her was madly in love with the Joker.

"Um . . . I once felt it— before," her doctor replied. "But he's gone and I will never ever see him again."

"I lost my Puddin, too," Harley said but this time she was sniffing. "And I don't know if he's still alive or if he's bleeding so bad. I'm worrying about him and I could die about it."

Stewart grabbed her white handkerchief from her pocket and laid it in front of the minx. "I may not be able to ease that pain of yours, but please accept this thing to wipe those attempting tears, assuming that it's your Joker's hand."

Harley got shocked. She felt the emotion ready to explode at any time. And at that moment, she didn't care if those tears would now escape in front of her psychiatrist. All she knew, that the woman she was facing, was something she couldn't name yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (EDITED) Hi readers of this book, Thanks for reading this part and if you do like the chapter, let me know by just hitting the little star below.

Thanks again, and you are all awesome, Angels. ⬆