Chapter23: I wanna Go home

🎭🎭🎭

Stewart was in the middle of her own thoughts while lying on Harley's bed; she felt useless woman whose duty was to sleep, eat, and stay in the hideout for Harley. Kristen extremely missed her old life she used to live; the cycle of her life: hanging out with some friends, working on a job she used to love, going in malls, chilling in cafés, visiting her parents and so on. She missed everything.

"I miss my family. . ."

She heaved a deep air, sitting up on the bed. Kristen roamed her eyes around the room thinking about what kind of life was waiting for her in the future.

".  . . I wish I can go back in my old life," she muttered, brushing her hair through her fingers in a frustrated way. "But how? If I have reason to stay."

She thought that it'll be so impossible for her to go back when Harley was the big wall she wouldn't dare to bump. She's a friend, she's her friend— for the short period of time, she'd learned to treasure the insane woman who showed her nothing but care.

"However, you're the only thing I never regret, Harley. . . I wish, I met you when everything was so normal for you, and for us."

In the other part of her heart wanted to go, but the other half didn't want to for the thought that the she'll be mad at her, or she'll feel sadness and probably if that happened, it'll be the end of their friendship. She didn't want to end like that, she didn't want to abandon her. . . she didn't want to have trouble with a friend— No, not to Harley.

"Kristy?" A burst of the door suddenly made her snapped back. Kristen titled her head towards Harley who was gasping with a wide eyes.

"Harley?!" She immediately landed her feet on the floor and rushed towards her while scanning her whole figure. "What happened to you?"

"I'm fine, but Puddin needs some help and the others," she replied, "Can you lend a hand?"

Kristen nodded. "Sure, Harley."

The two women sprinted down the staircase, directly striding towards the wounded men.

"Okay. . ." Kristen whispered, "You guys are all messed."

"Excuse me, we don't need your opinion or what fucking preach from you!" Joker said arrogantly who's sitting on the couch with hand holding his damaged forearm.

Rolling eyes, Stewart heaved a deep breath and stepped closer to Johnny, then she looked upon Harley who's now holding the medicine kit for the remedies.

"Everything we need? Check," she said when she put them on the table. Kristen noticed that the minx was hard to walk as if all her muscles in body were broken and bruised. She also noticed the purple bulged around the part of her mouth. But instead of asking the female clown, she put it aside.

"What happened?" she asked Johnny when she ripped off the part of his sleeves to get a full view of the damaged skin around his bicep.

"Explosion."

Nodding, she grabbed a small and neat towel and soaked it into the water on a basin. Then she carefully dabbing it all the way his wounded arm so that the stained blood would be wiped away.

"Ouch!" Joker reacted when Harley accidentally put a slight force on the towel. "Be gentle, Harls!

"I'm sorry Mister J," she apologized when she assured that she'll be more careful. Then after that, she took the cotton swabbed which was dipped in alcohol to disinfect the area. Joker barely winced in pain when she touch his damaged paled face through the swab; Harley was thankful because there were no shattered, small pieces of the broken glass planted into his flesh.