Chapter31: Where is she

🎭🎭🎭

Kristen parted her eyelids and saw pure, white walls around her with those familiar faces of wrinkled faces, sitting and standing.

"Mother?" she said, slowly twitching her lips into a smile failed because of the sudden pain in her throat.

Her mother stroked her face while tears started streaming down, smiling so happily because after three days, she's now awoke. "Don't talk, sweetheart."

"I'll call the nurses and the Doctor," her father said when he sniffed, taking the pathway to the door.

Kristen felt the warm feeling under her eyes as she tried to remember everything in the past days.

Harley. Are you fine?

She wanted to see her in many ways, to at least make sure if she's fine— although she knew that she's not— emtotionally. She was afraid. She was concerned of what the minx was struggling at. Kristen wanted to take all the pains in the female clown's heart but she couldn't.

Tears began approaching again.

After an hour, Stewart was sent into her normal room but she's still under observation for having a broken bones on her ribcage, and a serious cracked on her skull that was needed to be operated.

"Who the hell would do this to you!" Her father stated.

"How do you feel? Who did this?" Her mother said with face filled with lots of worries.

Smiling so faint, she tried to reach her mother's hand. "Don't worry, I'm fine now. It's just. . .  misunderstanding.. with a friend."

Kristen's parents looked to each other. Her friend did that? What kind of friend their daughter had?

While they're in the circle of having some serious talks, the door creaked opened and for her parents surprised, Batman appeared.

"Holy crap!" said her Dad whose eyes became like a saucer as well as his wife whose body got froze on her seat. "Who are you?!"

"Doctor Kristen, I heard the news," Batman said when he walked towards their direction. "How are you now?"

"I'm fine."

He took a deep breath. "The clowns did this, didn't they?"

She barely lowered down her head when she sensed that her parents were looking at her with their questionable orbs.

"What does he mean?" said the old man whose fingers were clutched on her mother's shoulder.  "What Clowns?"

"Mom, Dad, I can explain everything how this happened to me, sooner or later," she answered. "By the way, he is Batman. The guardian here in Gotham City. The one who takes down the criminals. The clowns are the most dangerous here."

"Jesus Christ!" Her father reacted when his forehead dropped on his palm, shaking it. "If that so, we should take you out of here."

"Dear, just calm down," his wife exclaimed as she reached his hand to squeezed it.

"Sir, Ma'am, I'm glad you finally came here. At least, I feel complacent knowing that Kristen have you by her side," Batman uttered, then he threw his gaze towards Kristen.  "I have to go, I have things to do. Get well soon."

                    >>>♦♥♦<<<

Joker was on the ground inside of a private room where he used to stay whenever he's in a serious situation; he was surrounded of set of knives and weapons as they were arranged in a circular motion; his leg was slightly raised with a propped arm against his knee and pistol on his hand.