Chapter19: Harley is a good one

🎭🎭🎭

Kristen squinted her eyes because of the sunlight that streamed through the glass window directed to her face. Scooting in her lying position, she pulled the blanket even higher to cocoon herself. She was comfortable lying on the soft and warm bed for the thought that it was her own and she was just resting in her room. Until she got snapped back, parting her eyelids because of the gentle tap on her back.

Sitting up, she noticed Harley standing beside her with her usual smile. "Time to get up, Kristy."

"Good morning Harley," she greeted when she yawned.

Harley took put down the tray-of-food on the side table while saying, "How's your sleep?"

"I felt comfortable, honestly," Kristen retorted.

"That's good."

Stewart combed her hair through his fingers while her eyes had automatically shut closed, feeling the heavy feeling on her head and on her eyes. She didn't get much sleep because it was so late when drowsiness visited them. But then, the female clown looked so energetic as if she was used to it.

"I made breakfast for us," Harley said when she walked towards her closet, pulling some jeans and Tee-shirt with sleeves. "After that, you can take your shower inside my bathroom and change your clothes into this one." She then tossed those clothes in front of her but in a gently way so that Kristen could catch it.

". . . but I'll tell Puddin that you need much more something to wear."

"Thank you Harley. I'm happy that you're around, at least I'm comfortable."

The glints of the minx's eyes suddenly twinkled, biting her lip in coy and happiness she was feeling inside. "I'm happy too, Kristy."

Kristen twitched her lips into a simple smile. "Have you eaten your breakfast?"

"Hmm, no," she replied propping her body against the cabinet. "I'll eat mine with my Puddin. But I did take yours here because you are my lovely visitor."

Stewart nodded in concur then she landed her feet down the wooden floor to take her cereal.

". . . I made you coffee, in case you want to drink some hot liquid."

"I love coffee," Kristen uttered while grabbing the mug out of the tray.

At that moment, Kristen felt herself like a guess only in the clown's hideout and not a hostage because first, she was with Harley in a comfortable room not in the filthy and grimy basement. Second, she wasn't on a rope, and third, she could eat regularly without troubling someone else out there, unless the Joker was around. It was just, too far from her expectation; until now, she couldn't believe that Harley could treat her better despite of her insanity that was believed by the many. But now that she's with her, she could tell that she's a good one— or perhaps— being the old Harleen was still inside.

"Excuse me for awhile, I'll check Mister J," Harley interrupted her thoughts, walking towards the door. "Eat your breakfast. See you later."

While Harley was coming out from her own room, she directly took the pathway to the Joker's on the right corridor. Knocking in a quite way, she leaned her ear against the door to listen beyond. "Puddin? Are you awake?"

She did knock three times until she heard a response.

"Come in!"

The minx gasped in excitement and quickly turned the knob for her to enter inside. As she stepped her feet forward, she saw the Joker still lying  on his bed sideward with blanket up to his bare shoulder.

"It's too early," he said with a closed eyes.

"Or maybe I'm just excited to wake up because I know you're there." She finally climbed up, sitting behind his figure.

Joker never said anything. He just stayed quiet, feeling the minx's presence.

Heaving her arm, she placed her hand on his bicep, caressing it a little.

"Now, you're ruining my sleep, baby," J uttered in a deep, raspy voice when he turned his head towards Harley. "By the way, how's your toy doing?"

She felt her lips slightly parted. "Um, correction Puddin, she's not just a toy, she's my friend."

"Friend?" he mocked as he got up letting the blanket to slide down on his bare, white body. "Friend? You must be kidding me Harley girl."

"But that's true!"

Joker snorted of laughter covering his mouth to avoid his cackle. "You're stupid for that, Harls."

"But she is. . . she cares for me."

"Tss. . . no one wants you in their normal lives Harley, that woman is too far from your mind. . . believe me, so don't expect too much from her."

"Like I expect more from you, Mister J?"

Joker felt his eyes stretched so wide, locking his dark, blue orbs on hers.

". . . I know that I shouldn't expect more from you because you see me as nothing but a sidekick . . . so yes, let me at least think that Kristy is little mild than you."

"You have a right to leave my room." Joker shook his head, dropping his figure on the bed.

"Mister—"

"Come on! Get out or I will throw you out myself."

Her shoulders got slumped as well as her face. Heaving a frustrated smile, Harley hopped down from the bed to leave as what Joker told her to do.

"Our breakfast is ready. . . in case you're hungry. . ."

"Blah Blah Blah! I can't hear anything, who's talking?" Joker said in an annoyed tone, rolling his eyes while releasing a growl from his throat.

Sadness had reflected on his white face while walking towards the door with a crushed heart at the same time. That moment, she didn't experience any harsh fingers onto her skin, but the sudden changed of his aura was something she couldn't tell but actually hit her so hard.

One more time, before exiting the clown's room, she took another glanced at him, realizing that the green-haired man was looking back at her with frown all over his face. Harley twitched her lips into a weak smile when she stopped eyeing the madman.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (Edited) I removed Batman's POV here because it's too short and will probably ruin the scene. (Gonna move it on the next chapter (perhaps))😪

Anyways, Thanks for reading angels! Have a good day/night.

Please vote if you like this one.⬆