Chapter25: Arguments

🎭🎭🎭

The silent knock of the door made Kristen's eyes parted. She was waiting for Harley's return and make herself explain that it wasn't what the female clown thought; of course, if she ever wanted to go, it didn't mean that she also wanted to forget everything about her. Stewart thought, it wasn't healthy if she's around, making the Joker to look at her against her will and probably for Harley.

"Harley?" she called when she slipped the blanket off her body. As she hopped down from the bed, she flicked her hair over her ears and sleepily turned the knob and in her own surprise, the smiling clown appeared in her front.

"Hi."

Her heart started drumming again as she felt the chill all over her body. "Um. . . yea, what can I do for you?"

"Nothing actually, but I came here to give this to you," he said when he stretched out his arm, revealing a gold thing on his hand.

Narrowing her eyes, she realized that it was a hair clip, almost alike to Harley's.

"A butterfly clip?" Kristen questioned, still eyes locking upon it.

"Exactly," he retorted, "This is for you so take it."

She pulled out a deep sigh, and slowly lifted her head to face him; she scanned his every emotion, but there was nothing. It's just a sinister, dangerous smile on his lips. "Why are you giving this to me?"

"I'm just being fair between the both of you."

"You don't have to."

Joker released a maniacal chuckle as he stepped little closer to her that made her fell back a little.

"I don't care," he said when his white face twisted in annoyance. "You're Harley's friend, and I think, I should be more good to you, perhaps. So take it."

Despite of her objections, she decided to take it anyway for her own safety.

"Good," The Clown Prince uttered, forming his mouth into a huge smile.

Kristen was about to shut the door close, when all of a sudden she felt arm wrapped around her waist, and her feet that automatically slid towards him as he pulled her. Fuck!

Her eyes were freaking locked upon his, moving in a restless way. Kristen's breathings were so hard to release now; she felt that even her bones in her flesh had began melting because of his intense gaze towards her.

"Good night," Joker said when he leaned forward and pressed his lips on her forehead.

As Kristen felt his two soft parts, her eyes stretched so wide and quickly freed herself from his sinful grip.

"What was that about?!" she questioned hysterically when she held her forehead.

"A good night kiss?" A chuckled slipped again from his mouth, stroking her flushed cheeks.

Tapping the clown's hand away, Kristen groped for the doorknob and banged the door shut.

"Oh my god," she muttered when she squeezed her chest to at least stop the loud beating of her heart. But it was useless. Pressing her front body against the door, she thought for a moment: I should thank him, shouldn't I?

Stewart finally made up her mind, and when she pulled the door opened, she saw the clown, still standing there.

"You forgot something?"

Looking down his feet, she managed to say, "By the way thank you. . ."

"You're always, welcome," Joker answered when he lifted the corner of his mouth. "Feel at home."