Chapter32: Dreaming of him

If I would have given a chance, I would have chosen to stay there, with him..

🎭🎭🎭

Harlequin was lying on her stomach on the bed with the flower clip which was given by the Joker when their lives were still in order.

"Puddin, how you doing?" she said while scanning at it as if it's the madman's face. "How's Kristen? Is she still alive?"

Quinn smiled faintly, feeling the sudden warmth under her eye-sockets as her face began crumpling, feeling the pain in her throat for holding her emotions.

". . . if she's still alive, I'm sure she has her normal life back now, without me and you." She continued when she flipped over to face the ceiling. "And my anger against on her will be up in the core of hell because I know, you'll chase after her, starting your life without me." Warm liquid streamed down on the sides of her head as she noticed herself sobbing for that thought.

Her chest was filled with hatred against the woman whom she treated as her friend and family— just like her Joker. But everything among them had changed when she caught them; she couldn't accept the fact that the clown was admiring Kristen while she's in the corner loving him.

"Do you miss me? The way I miss you?" Harley said with a cracked voice, still looking at the hair clip."Or you are just happy that I'm gone because you're free to flirt with her?"

The minx drowned to her own tears as her chest began heaving, feeling the muscles on it tightening because of the painful sob she was doing; Harley grasped the bedsheets and buried her face in there until she felt herself tired as well as her swelled eyes.

Gradually, she shut her eyes closed, letting her series of thoughts awoken. . .

In there, there was a bungalow house built in the village that she used to know as the abandoned village, where their hideout was placed; the said house was filled with flowers in its yard, and the village seemed to be a peaceful one where children were playing and so on.

She was in the house with her new outlook: her skin was back in its normal color as well as her hair which was in curls; her clothes was so comfortable for her, and a baby in her arms.

Quinn walked slowly when she pressed the button of the classical radio just beside her, looking towards the front door with every glints on her eyes as it creaked opened.

Words weren't hard to release, yet, she couldn't say anything but to smile up to her ears while gazing upon the most beautiful man who's walking towards her direction. Just like her, he had the normal skin tone; hair in black colour as it's combed up; a suit that was so formal without holster clung around or a crowbar on his hand.

The handsome man finally stopped in front of her, wrapping his arm around her waist to leave flick on her forehead.

"I'm home," he said in a normal tone. "When will you be?"

A sudden confusion traced on her face but it quickly washed away. "What are you talking about? I didn't leave and I won't leave."

He never said anything. Instead, he lovingly caressed her beautiful face and stepped past her to approach their second child who's sitting on her stroller.

"Daddy's here." The baby tried to reach him but her hand was to tiny so he did the move; little fingers were clutched on his as he leaned his face to kiss her head.

When she's about to touch him, the baby who's in her arms slammed her little knuckles against her mother's head repeatedly that made Harley awoke as she heard someone was knocking on the door.

She slowly got up. "Dream. . . a beautiful dream, yet so impossible."

Harley twitched her lips into an unsure smile as she heaved her hand to reach her face through her fingers. She remembered in her dream that the Joker stroked her face and from there, she felt his bony fingers against her skin that was for her was gold. It was her everything, yet heartbreaking because she knew the clown himself will never love her and mostly, will never marry her unlike in her dream where he actually did.

The knock on her door became loud as the voice beyond it began calling her.

"Harley? Are you still? Come on, answer me."

"I'm coming." She landed her feet on the floor and walked towards the door. Turning the knob, she opened it and Deadshot appeared in front of her with tray-of-food on his hands.

"What took you so long?"

Harley flicked her tiny hair that was loosen over her ear. "I fell asleep."

"Okay. I brought you something to eat." Deadshot extended his arms to hand it to her.

She gratefully took it and said, "Thanks."

"Oh by the way, go downstairs after you eat that. We have company."

Her eyes stretched so wide as her heart started drumming on her chest. Was it the Joker? Nah! I'm sure it's not. Puddin won't knock on the door and expect him to be seated in a couch like a normal suitor.

                      >>>♦♥♦<<<

The minx finally went downstairs and in her own surprise, she saw a woman with a blue outfit as well as her eyes and a snow hair. Next to her was a man with a skin disease in her own opinion.

"Hey Harley we're glad you're finally here," Diablo said when he stood up, gesturing her to have a seat.

Harley smiled as she walked closer to them, bouncing her ass on the couch just beside Deadshot.

"She's Killer Frost, and Killer Croc," Diablo said.

Crossing her legs, she extended her arm in a feminine way towards Killer Frost who's coldly sitting on her left side and said, "Hi lady, I'm Harley Quinn. Mister J's property."

But the woman just stared on her as if she was observing her, down to her soul and then to her hand.

Harley shrugged her shoulders and pulled her arm. "Okay fine," she said when she turned toward Deadshot. "She seems nice." She then twitched her lips into a wide and embarrassed smile.

"She's staying here," Boomerang uttered when he sipped his beer. "You know, love quarrels—"

Everyone inside the house jolted in their position when they heard a sudden explosion outside.

"Looks like he's here," Boomerang uttered as he lifted his face from his hunched shoulder.

"Dammit!" Deadshot said as he stood up as well as the others to check on it.

Harley on the other hand was trying to recover herself on her seat as every questions were running on her head.

"Puddin. . ." she mumbled with a trace of shock in her face.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (EDITED) Thanks for reading☺ I hope you like it and please do vote if you do.