Chapter26: Kristen's Past

🎭🎭🎭

Thick clouds started pouring a heavy rain as Kristen was just standing at the window, peeking beyond it. It's been three days after what happened between her and Harley and it was totally crashing her heart. The minx never sleep in their room, never talk to her, never meet her eyes, she felt extremely changes. . . something she never wanted to happen.

Pulling out a frustrated sigh, Kristen removed those negatives in her brain and just focused on the bad weather.

"I love rains," she mumbled to herself while slowly closing her eyes. She stayed like that for a moment, until she parted her eyelids and threw her gaze upon the grayish firmament. "Are you looking down upon me? Aaron?"

She felt her larynx trembled, hurt at the same time the more she was holding the approaching tears; lips twitched up into a faint smile. . .

It was years from now, when Kristen graduated in Psychology. The graduation ceremony supposed to be the most happy event in her life, but it was opposite.

By just staring at the raindrops, she remembered everything. The sweet happenings in her entire life, the special person who crossed her life. . .

"It's raining!" Aaron said when he stood up from the ground under the big tree together with Kristen who was reading a book at that time.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she placed her two hands on her flanks and barely shook her head. "The sunshine is gone."

"No, not yet." Aaron tilted his head to her level and twitched his lips into a smirk.

"You must be kidding me."

"Let's go, we have to run." Aaron then stretched out his arm and held Kristen's hand.

"Seriously?" she asked with confusions written throughout her face. "Tomorrow is our graduation day. What if we got sicked?"

"Enjoy your day with me instead. You do not know, what if it's the last?"

Kristen smacked his shoulder. "Of course, it is. After we graduated, we're gonna take the path of our own —"

"I'm worried I couldn't."

"What?"

"I said I love you."

Her eyes stretched so wide when her heart started beating so fast; although it was raining, she felt her surroundings became hot as ever.

"O. . .kay. . ."

Aaron didn't make response. Instead, he pulled Kristen down the hill just behind their university. It was quite relaxing there; it was their favourite spot.

The two soaked themselves under the pouring rain and laughed together, forgetting the world around them; it was the best feeling she had ever felt.

"I love you, Aaron!" Kristen shouted with huge smile plastered on her wet face.

Aaron on the other hand gazed upon her with amusement throughout his handsome face. He knew, she knew, that the beating of their hearts were actually one.

"Kristen," he said when he wrapped his arm around her waist, and slowly pulled her into him; their eyes had met, looking to each other as deep as the ocean. "You have to take care always. . ."

Her forehead wrinkled in confusion.

"Okay, you're weird."

"No, I'm not. Fix your face." He then leaned forward, leaving some flicks on her forehead.

They stayed like that, hugging each other, feeling the warmness of their hearts while the clouds were spilling some waters. Kristen buried herself into his chest, and clutched her limbs around his back, as if she didn't want Aaron to leave her grip.

On the next day, Kristen finally arrived to the Graduation Ceremony, texting and calling Aaron's number but he's not answering it.

"You jerk, it's almost time," she said looking down at her cellphone.

Kristen waited, and no Aaron appeared. Until their principal walked onto the stage and cleared his throat as with fell face, as well as their professors just beside him.

"Okay," he began when he cleared his throat, "We're sorry to tell you this but. . . one of your schoolmate didn't make it. He'll not be able to attend this graduation. Aaron James, passed away because he didn't wake up this morning."

And everything fell on her. The sound of those students inside were became inaudible; if there was something she could heard, it was the upcoming river-flow like from her eyes; it was the grenade that suddenly exploded in her heart; the unstoppable beating of it, sending some severe chills all over her body.

"No," she muttered as she felt her orbs forming heavy tears in its every corners. "No. . ." Kristen covered her mouth to avoid her whimpers but it was so useless.

After the ceremony, she and her family went to the funeral and Stewart was just standing, looking down on the coffin.

"You're so unfair."

The sound of the rain made her snapped back as it became so heavy.

"You're mad because I'm letting myself to be in mourn again?" she said while chuckling in a frustrated way. "How can I forget you?"

"Hey."

A voice from behind made her to turn around.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with a trace of anger in her voice.

Joker stepped towards her with the smirk on his face. "This is my place, so whether you like it or not, you'll be seeing me."

Pulling out a deep breath, Kristen walked to pass over him when suddenly she felt fingers clutched onto her arm.

"Did you cry?"

Turning around in pure annoyance, Kristen pulled off her arm. "Will you please stay away from me?"

"Did you cry?" Joker asked again.

"Stop asking!" She let her throat to release a raised voice as the tears began approaching again.

"Bitch! Why are you crying?!" Joker yelled that made her jolted in her stance.

"Because of Harley!" she shouted back, rubbing her forehead. "She saw you, us! She misinterpreted everything."

"Don't mind that brat."

Her eyes grew wider. She wanted to open her mouth again but she refused to do. What's the point anyway? He's psycho. He'll never understand. Kristen shook her head, and when she's about to turn her back, arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"What the fuck?! Let me go!" Her eyes locked upon his, and all of a sudden, she remembered Aaron on him. Why all of a sudden he was reminding her of her special someone?

Joker giggled. "I like it when you're around. . . I'll tell you something about Harley."

She saw something weird, the way his fierce eyes sparkled; its glints saying words she wanted to know.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (EDITED) it's a little crap chapter I guess. *unsure smile plastered on my face*

So yes. I do apologize for making you waited. The midterms examination had happened so I was so busy.

Anyways, thanks for reading this angels! Vote with all your heart.