Chapter11:Origin

🎭🎭🎭

The thick and grayish clouds on the firmament started pouring a heavy rain as the hard blow of the wind made the tree leaves rustled to each other.

Harley was standing in the middle of her cell, gazing upon the small window with bars which connected on its frame; she was watching as the raindrops continuously falling down.

"Puddin. . ." she mumbled as her eyebrows started lowering down due to sadness she was holding, while remembering their first meeting at the same time.
It was the exactly weather when she was first assigned to handle Joker's case. It was rainy day. . .

The sound of her heels were merely echoed at the third floor where the Joker's cell was placed. Harleen Quinzel was the youngest doctor who had passed all the requirements which were demanded to be one of the most trusted and skillful psychiatrist; just because she was the best, she was assigned to hold his case and be his doctor.

She was the only one who accepted him as her patient. She was interested about him, on how his life had bent out of shape. On why he became the Joker. Harleen's goal was to cure her patients so that they could be free from their loneliness. And she wanted to start with the most fearful psycho man living in Gotham— The Clown Prince of Crime.

However, the moment when she was standing in front of his cell door, she already noticed him through a translucent window, smiling deviously towards her. Harleen started sweating cold; she didn't actually see the dark gaseous which covering him, but the way he looked at her, was making the dark aura visible. Heaving a deep breath, she swiped her ID through a slot beside.

"Relax, Harleen," she cheered herself before entering.

As she heard the sharp sound of the door, Doctor Quinzel barely pushed it open, revealing the clown was already restrained on his seat, with a huge smile plastered on his white face.

"You must be my Doctor," he said in a deep voice.

Harleen cleared her throat when she pulled her chair and took her seat. She was facing the Joker acrosse the steel table with her restless eyes, blended with the loud thump of her chest. She was extremely uptight.

"Um, Hi. . . I'm Doctor Harleen Quinzel, and from now on, I'll be your Doctor," she began not even looking at the clown prince while putting her things onto the table.

"I think you should face me while talking, sweet heart," Joker said with confidence in his tone.

Harleen lifted her head, and locked her blue eyes on his. She smiled at him so barely as the clown twitched his red lips into a huge smile.

"How's your day?"

"Not really exciting, Doc."

She swiftly nodded her head, and took one sip on her cup of coffee.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"About myself?!" Joker mocked when he scooted on his steel seat, engraving a devilish grin. "I know, everyone knows me. Who I am, and what I do."

Harleen adjusted her dark-rimmed glasses, taking another sip of coffee.

"What I mean was, about your past life, Joker," she retorted when she put down the cup.

Joker made silent laughter as if he was amazed. "I remember the moment when one of my previous doctors landed on this cold ground, lifeless," he uttered when he narrowed his blue piercing eyes."Cause of death? Asking about my past life."