Chapter29: Meet the Squad

🎭🎭🎭

The whole room was covered in silence that the only sound that could be heard was the pouring rain on the roof. The limp body of Harley was pressed on the wall with her knees on her chest while looking at Kristen's body who seemed so weak and dead.

"Is she still alive?" she asked in raspy voice.

Turning his head towards her, Joker twitched his lips into a smirk. "Why don't you ask yourself?"

Guilt traced throughout her heart as her face fell down by just staring at her damaged body, barely breathing as well; blood all over her face as her tore flesh was kept on releasing lots of red liquid.

"I never regret." She then took her eyes off Kristen, but it's so obvious that her face was twisting due to the emotions she didn't want to come out. "She's stealing you from me!"

"Enough!" Joker groaned when he tapped his crowbar's edge point against the floor. "I thought you had known her very well!"

"I'll depend on my eyes. . . eyes couldn't lie."

"Well, I don't care about that." Joker turned his body and was about to walk towards Kristen but the words from the broken one made him stopped.

"Tell me what am I to you." Her voice was extremely cracked, as her swelled eyes were began forming warm liquid. "I want you to be honest, Puddin."

He was silent for a moment with a back still facing the female clown. Why he needed to answer her nonsense questions? Why?

"Mister J? Please answer—"

"I never forced you to come with me." The clown prince slowly turned around to meet her face with a big grin on his red lips. "I never asked you you to stay with me, to be there for me, to be the one I could depend on, to be—" Joker cut off himself, shaking his head while creating a horrible chuckle. "I never asked someone like you, Harley. . . the reason why you're still alive because I want it though; because I still need you to complete the task."

Harley's heart fell and got broken like a shattered glass; her tears now were flowing down on her flushed cheeks, looking at him with a begging eyes.

"Be specific! I want a honest answer!"

"You are good at everything," he said when he crossed his crowbar in the air. Then he walked towards her. "You're a good sidekick, you're making me smile. . . but I want you to know that despite of that, Harley girl. . ." J stopped in her front, looking down at her with absolutely nothing in his eyes; those blue orbs were just staring at her with every demonic features on them with no trace of sentiment. "I don't have any feelings for you. I don't love you."

She gasped in frustration, barely twitching her lips into a faint smile; her heart skipped its beat for a moment as her every air in her lungs got stuck. Now it was so hard to breathe. Joker didn't just cut her heart; he did squeeze it also.

"I—I thought. . . you love me."

He snorted, scratching the back of his neck while gritting his silver teeth.

". . . everything we have shared, is nothing to you?" The minx asked, barely choking. "Even a little bit of affection? You don't have any to me Puddin? Did I fail gaining your heart?"

"Do I look like a lover boy?" he questioned back while kneeling down to her level. "You are nothing, to me."

Harlequin whimpered. Now she knew, she's just a joke to him. He didn't love her. Everything happened between them, every sweet talks and gestures— back at Arkham— were all nothing but a joke. Ivy and Batman were right; she was important and valuable like a gold when the Joker needed her assistance. But beyond that, she's just like a discarded metal which was useless and ready to be thrown.

Stooping down her heard, she squeezed shut her eyes to let the teardrops slide down on her mounds as she parted her lips to inhale and exhale an air. That's enough. His bullet-like words were enough.

"Then be it," she said.

Standing up, Joker gazed upon her once more. "Fix yourself, you look like a mess."

"Well, I am."

Quinn's face was still buried on her arms, sensing the clown's movements.

"Johnny and I are going to leave to send this woman into the hospital," J uttered in a low voice when he turned his back again, while stepping towards Kristen's figure.

And all the minx could heard, was the sound of Joker's shoes walking away and a shutting door.

As moments gone by, Harley Quinn abandoned herself in the same room, at the same situation and position; her head was tiredly down, breathing so heavily as her tears were continuously falling.

Why she let herself to fall? Why she believed his beautiful lies? Why he became everything to her? She didn't know.

"I'm stupid and not worthy of anything," she muttered to herself, sniffing.

The clouds were still pouring rains as if they were also crying for the misery of her played and fooled heart.

There was nothing left for her dignity. Everything she had was gone and useless from the moment when she decided to join the circus; she was completely nothing for him. That's the point, absolutely nothing.

Harley stood up even though her legs were shaking; her body was still suffering from the bruised he'd made but she did her very best to firm her stance so that she could start packing all of her things.

"I'll leave."

                          >>>♦♥♦<<<

Gotham City was experiencing silence at that time under the rainy day and Harley Quinn didn't mind the tears of the clouds striking her jacket with hoodie which was covering her whole so that they wouldn't notice. There was a bag that clung over her shoulder with some stuffs she might needed for her departure although she had no idea where to go.

However, there was only home she had known for the rest of her mad life; the Joker.

"He's not anymore, Quinn," she mumbled.

All the people in the said City were walking with their umbrellas as the minx was confidently passing through them; the sound of Gotham was so inaudible that she could only hear herself crying inside because of the endless pain.

Still walking, she didn't realize that she was now nearly at Gotham bank and the clouds she had in her mind suddenly vanished because of the loud explosion.

"Fuck!" she screamed when she hunched her shoulders.

Residents started running and panicking, ignoring the bad weather.

Frowning, she grabbed her pistol and had begun shooting the area.

"I'm walking! The fuck your problem?!" she shouted at the bank.

Afterwards, three men appeared beyond the thick smoke of the bomb, running towards her direction when a van stopped just nearby, making her eyes to stretch so wide.

"Hi clown," Captain Boomerang approached when they got stopped in front of her.

"We have to hurry, the sirens are wailing!" Deadshot said. "And you, Joker's property? Are you gonna stand there and let those intruders to catch you?"

Harley got snapped back and formed her lips into a wide grin. "I'm afraid not."

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (EDITED) Thanks for reading angels!❤ Please vote if you like this chapter ☺

The start has begun. *wink*