Chapter21: Tell me Everything

🎭🎭🎭

The conversation between Harley and Kristen had deepened and they didn't even realize that it was getting late.

"Look at this one," Harley said when she put a hair clip on the table.

Kristen looked upon it as she barely leaned her face forward. "A flower clip?"

It was sprinkled with deep yellow color glitters that made it gold.

"Puddin gave that to me."

"It's beautiful," Kristen uttered with smile on her face when she took it to have a look clearly.

Harley twitched her lips into a wide smile. "I always keep that in my room. I never bring that with me because I'm afraid that if we got into trouble, I will lose that. It's so important to me."

"This is beautiful as you, Harley," she said when she extended her arm to bring it back to Harley.

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

"So are you Kris."

Kristen threw Harley a wide smile, standing up to clear the table.

"I'll help you," Harley said when she stood up too; she took all the empty plates and glasses together with the utensils to give them to Kristen who stepped towards the kitchen sink to do the dishes. Then, she sat down on the kitchen counter, playing her pigtails like a little child.

"By the way, Harley . . ."

"Huh?"

"I know, you may not trust me - I mean, your trust to me isn't that full, but can I ask you question?" Kristen then turned the faucet to start the dishes.

"You can ask me, Kristy, you are my friend and I trust you," she replied, looking at her every movements; Harley started swinging her legs while humming.

Looking behind, Kristen grinned at her. "Why you chose to be a psychiatrist?"

Surprise traced all over her face; the veins in her head started running as she began thinking the reasons behind it- being a psychiatrist at Arkham in the first place.

Harley snort of laughter, "Well. . . my goals were to cure people- to cure sick people, to be their friend at the same time, to lend an ear to those unfortunate one," she retorted as she lowered down her head. "I wanted to be the best doctor they could have, for not letting them down. I wanted to understand their poor conditions because I believe, they also have feelings, that they feel hurt, alone, and name it all. . . but then, everything had changed." Harley lifted her face to meet Kristen who's listening while her back was facing her.

"When you met him?" Kristen questioned, sponging the plates.

"Mister J is everything to me. . . and I never regret it."

Everything that happened back at that time, crossed in her mind just like a falling star across the dark sky. . .

She fell in love to the Joker for the thought that the madman felt the same way because of the affection he had shown; it was like a trap, and Harley knew that she'll be forever in there. However, she convinced herself that the maniac was truly in love with her, that the romance she believed between them suddenly turned into tragedy.

Harley was tied in the metal bed where the joker used to lay whenever he has a treatment.

Standing over where her head pointed, he twitched the corner of his red lips, while his eyes were covered in insanity. " I'm gonna show you the insanity that will make you free. . . for who you wanted to be, free from pain that all you have to do is to laugh."