Chapter40: Disappeared

🎭🎭🎭

The sun started peeking from the horizon, sending all the light around the city as Harley Quinn was sitting with her knees on her chest at the balcony. Multiple deep sighs were escaping from her throat with her face twisted more than a crumpled paper would be looked like.

A memory from last night was kept on crossing in her clouded mind, destroying every sanity she had that made her to be blue. She couldn't forget the unfamiliar stare-- a stare he wouldn't even throw on her. It was voltaic. It was extraordinary gaze filled with every emotions she couldn't name yet.

"You're just playing games!" she squeaked, but her eyes widened as confusion bothered her.

Shaking her head, her eyes darted down on the corner of the stairs at the balcony to the doorway. As curiosity got her, Harley stood on her feet and went over there, realizing it's a folded paper and a small box wrapped in a purple wrapper.

She had her furrowed brows as she leaned down and grabbed them. She unfolded the paper and a close hand-written struck her sight, making her expressions to be vague.

Good morning my Quinn, how's your sleep? Did you sleep well? Me? um. . . not really because you were not beside me.

Harley, listen to me. I know it sounds a joke to you and I won't blame you for that because I'm not stupid-- yes, I know I'm not jerk for not noticing you-- I do glance at your every movements where you couldn't see. I do peek upon you where you couldn't see. I take my eyes on you when you're retelling me stories I probably heard about multiple times-- when you are not looking.

It sounds odd right? I feel the same way. But, Harley, please come back. . . I'm not mad at you but maybe, I may put light punishments for you. Ha! However, I'm so sorry, I really am. Kristen and I have nothing, completely nothing. She loves you. Please, I want you to meet me on the park later at 7:00 pm. I know it was kinda um, ungentlemanly but, meet me anyway okay? I'll be waiting for you with something I know that will make you feel surprise. See yah!

Ps. I hope you open the box.
                                            -Mister J.

Hot tears slipped down, all the way at the bridge of her nose causing the middle part of the paper soaked. Her heart was skipping its beat, re-reading the letter all over again to make sure that she didn't read it wrong.

"It's real," she said with a cracked and trembled tone. "I did read the message!" Smile formed on her lips, letting the muscles of her cheeks stretched. The minx felt alive again after everything they had experienced; she felt her heart beating for him, just like the old times.

Ripping the purple wrapper on the box, and as she lifted the lid of it, the minx held her breath, covering her mouth through her palm when she saw the bracelet she gave him before.

"I--I thought. . ." She squeezed shut her eyes, letting compiled tears to fall down.

Harley got the idea that Joker threw it somewhere else because when she woke up in the morning, the well-prepared table had nothing on it-- simply wiped out. But right at the moment, she understood that Joker took his eyes at least on it, probably checking what she got for him.

". . . I thought you had thrown it away."

A weak chuckle released, wiping her tears away while picking the bracelet off the box. She didn't expect that the madman would do such things. And now, her heart started sinking in blissfulness.

"I'm going home," she said, kissing the silver, ornamental band. "I'm fucking going home with you!"

"Are you sure about this?" Deadshot asked, leaning his figure on the door frame of her temporary bedroom.

"Yes, I'm going home now." Harley zipped her bag, hauling it over her shoulder. "Mister J needs me, the way I need him."

Deadshot nodded, heaving a deep breath. "I hope you'll be happy."

"Yes, I will," Harley responded, slipping a sane smile from her lips. She was feeling her heart racing in so much excitement, thinking that she'll be with him again.

"You forgave him?"

"Let's say, I was defeated by my inner feelings." Harley and Deadshot laughed together-- running his palm on his face and noticed that the minx went toward him, with arms clung around his back.

"Thank you for accepting me here," Harley quinn whispered as her eyes sparkled through warm waters forming. Constant pain was striking but not severe in her throat as her lips began quivering. "I--I won't forget you. You're a good friend."

Deadshot ripped his body off her, holding her on her shoulders. "You're always welcome here."

"Just tell everybody I left when they reach the house," she said, "it's almost time, I should go."

Harley Quinn finally stepped out the hideout, taking one glance as she turned her head behind, seeing Deadshot standing. "Keep safe. Don't bang stores to take shining things, you might get into trouble by yourself."

Rolling her eyes with a teasing grin on her face, Harley mocked, "We're bad guys. . . that's what we do."

Deadshot snorted, shaking his head. "Go ahead now."

The female clown smiled once more and turned around to take the pathway towards the madman. It surprised her for the thought that Joker still wanted her on his side. This time, she has no care anymore if the clown himself only sees her as his henchgirl only or what. She will definitely appreciate all the intimacies he could only offer-- even more.

And the betrayal she believed? It's not existing anymore. At least no more.

"No one betrayed me," she muttered to herself, lacing the bracelet on her wrist.

Harlequin was walking and passing the dark part of an avenue, feeling the thin air crossing and touching  her paled skin only to know that it didn't come from the nature's air. Headlights flashed directly on her that made her eyes squinted, adjusting by the lights.

She was surrounded by three huge van in a black colour. Gliding its doors, Harley fell back as nervousness and concerns hit her. It's not safe-- definitely not.

The moment when strange men showed up, totally geared up, Harley pulled her revolver, attempting to defend herself although she had no idea what a hand gun could do for her.

Before she could react, a flash of volt had stricken on her neck from behind that made her to fall down heavily on the ground, convulsing with the voltage she's not familiar with.

It was somewhat a new nightmare as her visions got to be blurry, seeing heels that seeped in her slits of blinds before she passed out.

                      >>>♥♦♥<<<

The Joker and his goons were waiting for the minx but it happened no one appeared. The clown was sneaking to  the pathway where Harley could be seen but he saw nothing.

Rage started reflecting on his white face the way he gritted his silver while bashing the bouquet-of-flowers at the nearby trash bin.

He would emit fireball if he could.

"Johnny!" Joker yelled with his chest moving up and down, "ready the car! we're gonna visit our old friends!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: This chapter got its highly changes. And also, I made cut chapters (or scenes)  which, I have decided to not publish and include on this book because, I just feel so.

There's a content there where the clown prince probably won't do especially because he has a strong ego. So let's be little realistic. Joker is a villain and has a wicked attitude-- however, I put little emotions here, in which from the old chapters, are all combined in a one and simple way.

So yes, this note is kinda tedious for you, but it's important especially for my old readers who had read it already. You know, it's been so long since I started creating and writing this story and I want you to know that I learned and still learning so I have few knowledge on how to develop my own story.

Anyways, It took forever before I have updated so I do apologize. Please leave your votes if you feel to do so. ⬆