Chapter38: Regrets

🎭🎭🎭

It was late at night when Kristen was driving her way to her residence from Arkham. After her recoveries, she finally went back on her job.

She was in the middle of an avenue where the whole place was currently in silence when suddenly the headlights of her car has illuminated a figure-- a familiar figure that was standing in the center.

She felt her mouth got glued, but her throat was kept on bobbing up and down; her eyes were also wide open as the tears started forming. Everything has flashed back.

"Harley. . ." she mumbled under her breaths. Kristen felt her chest, compressing as the warm liquid finally dropped, sliding down on her flushed cheeks. It wasn't fear anyway-- No-- she couldn't let herself to fear that woman.

Kristen gasped as her lips twisted in a grateful smile, wiping her tears away while hopping down from her car. As she got outside, she stood there for a moment until she dashed over to Harley without even thinking if that woman has a knife that might planted into her flesh.

". . . you're back!" she continued when she wrapped her arms around Harley. "I miss you so much!"

"You miss me?" Harley asked in response, but her arms were still on her sides.

Ripping off her body on her, Kristen smiled so faintly at her as she stroked Harley's white face-- Harley on the other hand, felt hotness under her eye-sockets but she did her best to hold it back because she couldn't let herself to show that woman her emotions towards her.

"Get off me!" Harley shoved her away that made Kristen almost lost her balance. "Don't act as if you're not fake!"

Shaking her head in disbelief, Kristen attempted to go over there and hug her but she got stopped when the minx heaved her arm with a gun on her hand, pointing it to her.

"Because of you, we are broken! You destroyed me!"

"No. . . Harley. . ." Her tears were now like a flow of river. "I love you."

"I did love you too!" she yelled, "but you'd chosen to betray me!"

Kristen fell apart; her chest was heaving up and down and she couldn't take it anymore. She wept in so much pain.

"Forgive me. . ." she begged, trying to walk slowly towards Harley. "forgive me please. . . So that I could forgive myself for causing you so much pain. I'm sorry for nothing. . ."

Harley gasped in frustration as she looked to the other side. "Nothing?" she mocked, "as in nothing?!"

"I only care to you. You're all that matters to me. And about Joker and I," Kristen pulled out a deep breath as she squeezed shut her eyes, forwarding her palm. "There's nothing in between us, Joker needs you."

Harley felt her chest got narrowed as her heart skipped its beat. "Thanks for that lies."

"Believe me at least once--"

"At least once?!" Harley's eyes were filled in hatred as she looked upon Kristen. "When did I didn't believe you?! I always believe in you! I used to! you son of a bitch! But you fooled me!"

A sudden silence has covered them, as the only sound that could be heard was nothing than the quick and cold whip of the wind. The two women was just standing there, waiting who's gonna make the first move.

"It's a mistake for believing you!" she yelled when she strode towards Kristen and pointed the barrel of her gun on her chest. "You made me miserable!" Then a flying hand landed so hard on her cheek.