Chapter 15

Hey everyone long time no write eh ? Sorry about all that been super busy between school, work, co-op and horseback riding things have been pretty crazy :$ Anyways here is your chapter 15 :))

vote, comment, fan me!

LOTS OF LOVEY, SAVANNAH <3

Chapter 15

I officially don't like hunters and their knives suck! I reached down to my leg and scratched it again for the thousandth time today. Its been about two days since my little encounter with Mr. Creepy and this cut is always itchy and sore! Apparently its the effect of the silver hunters knife.... Hence my reason for being a hunters hater! I frowned at my sudden negativity and shoved some more chocolate into my mouth.
"Hey Har I'm home!" I heard Sienna call.
"Hey Sienna me too! Ha I've been here the past two days not much has changed in my life!" I replied sarcastically and Sienna walked into the living room giggling.

"You're so dramatic." She told me and walked into the kitchen. So according to Dr.Idiot this cut doesn't allow me to go to school or under go any stressful situations. You wanna know what a stressful situation is!? Staying home and being bored 24/7! That's stressful because then I have to figure out a way to entertain myself and talking to myself only gets me so far.... I turned the T.V off and stood up slowly grabbing my crutches and making my way to the kitchen. These past two days I haven't even seen my friends either.... Just Sienna and my parents. I don't even know where Joyce has been!

"Sienna please take me out of the house!" I begged and she rubbed her little baby bump looking at me amused.
"I would but I'm tired so take yourself." She told me and walked by rubbing my head slightly messing up my already messy hair. I growled slightly and dropped the crutches to the floor.
"I hate these crutches too!" I exclaimed. I limped to the front door and opened it. The smell of fresh air hit me like a brick wall and all I wanted to do was go for a nice walk. I hobbled down my front steps and then sat down on the last step.

I looked around and stared at the forest across the road. Flashes of his face raced through my mind and I whimpered. I will admit I am scared! I am so scared of him....... I got up slowly and walked towards the road. I stopped right at the beginning and continued to stare out into the forest. The forest no longer looked inviting to me. The forest sort of scares me now to. It felt foreign and no longer safe. I have no idea what made it so safe before anyways.

My new fear of hunters and the forest are all to overwhelming for me to deal with today so I turned around and hobbled back to the house. I got up the stairs and closed the front door behind me when I entered the house. I walked into the living room where Sienna, Raiden, Vince, Molly and Charles had taken over. They all looked over to me and I looked up frowning.

"Whats wrong Har?" Vince asked me. I am actually super upset that I am afraid of the forest. No werewolf should be afraid of their natural habitat yet I don't even want to go near it. I sniffed a little bit before looking them all in the face.

"I'm afraid of the forest.." I muttered. They all looked at me for a minute before I received looks of pity.
"I'm sure you aren't Har I mean maybe you just need some time to get over what happened, That's all." Molly said to me. I shrugged and turned around hobbling away. I made my way up to my room and went for a shower. Screw it! The doctor said not to shower or get the cut wet for a few days and I think two days is good enough!

I turned on the shower on hot, full blast, and got in. I sat in the shower soaking in the steam and taking my life from the past couple of days into perspective. Why did I get attacked? I'm sure there were many other werewolves walking around in the forest alone... So out of everyone why me? I looked down at my cut and stared at the jagged cut that was slowly forming a scar. I frowned. I don't want a scar why would I want a scar to remind me of this?

I finished showering and wrapped myself in a towel. I stepped out of the bathroom and Sienna walked into my room.
"The doctor said no getting the cut wet what are you doing?" She questioned me. I stared at her kind of annoyed.
"Actually she said don't get it wet for a few days and its been two days I feel gross and wanted a shower." I replied back and Sienna looked taken aback.
"Two days is not a few Harley." She told me furrowing her eyebrows. I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"So what!? Gosh Sienna you may be a mother to be but you aren't mine so leave me alone." I snapped and Sienna widened her eyes slightly before glaring at me.

"I wouldn't have to act like your mother if you didn't act like a child!" She exclaimed.
"Whatever Sienna get out of my room." I said and turned away from her walking to my dresser. I heard her huff and then the door close soon after that. I heard some one flop on my bed and I turned around.

"You know you do act like a child some times..." Chance told me with his stupid annoying smirk on his face. I looked around my room and noticed my closet door open.
"You hid in my closet that whole time?!" I exclaimed. He shrugged and placed his hands behind his head relaxing on my bed.
"Well yeah I heard preggers coming and no one wants to mess with a pregnant women, Except you of course, so I hid in the closet." He explained and I rolled my eyes.

"Right.. Now what do you want?" I asked annoyed clutching my towel to me.
"I just wanted to see how you were.... You know I was scared when I saw you crawl from the ditch and your leg was all bloody. Sure I was mad at who ever did that to you but most of all I was scared..." He blurted out randomly staring at me. I swear he was staring straight into me and for some reason I couldn't look away so I tilted my head studying him.

Chance was some one who confuses me quite often in fact I just realized I know nothing about my so called 'Mate'. One minute he cares next he's back to his selfish jerk self. But Through all that I still some how feel like he would never leave me alone in any situation. He looked away nervously probably because of my staring.
"I mean I wasn't about to start crying over it pftttt...." He muttered.
"Mhmm." Was all I could respond with and I turned around. I was looking through my dresser when I felt his warm hands touching my left calf right where the cut was. His hands sent tingles all up my leg and I was all but to aware of his closeness and where his hands are.

I felt his fingers trace over the stitched up cut and he sighed.
"Does it hurt?" He asked me softly. I continued rummaging through my drawer for some pj pants that I liked.
"Sometimes... Its mostly itchy though." I replied honestly.
"Its going to scar you know....." He told me. I pulled out some pj pants and grabbed a shirt.
"Yeah I know." I said quietly.
"It wont be that bad of a scar though!" He rushed in noticing that, that part of it upset me.
"Don't lie! It'll be huge and noticeable!" I complained.
"But you'll still be beautiful!" He blurted out. I shrugged and limped to the bathroom where I closed the door and got dressed in my pj's.

I walked out and noticed Chance on his phone lying on my bed.
"Don't you have your own bed to lay on?" I asked him plunking down beside him.
"Yeah but its not as comfy as yours." He replied honestly. I looked over at him and he was staring at my ceiling.
"Why do you like playing games with me?" I asked and he looked at me confused.
"Games?" He questioned.
"Yes games.... why did you reject me and then still stick around? When some one rejects another person then normally don't even look at them." I told him biting my lip nervous about what kind of reaction I was about to get out of him.

He sat up slightly leaning on his elbow looking over at me. I looked at him studying his features. His blue eyes penetrated into my soul. His angelic lips and the stubble starting to form on his face suit him extremely well. His mouth turned into a smirk and I admired it. His smirk was what made his whole face make probably any girls knees turn to jelly especially mine. He showed just enough of his perfect white set of teeth. I stared at his lips wondering what it would be like to kiss him..... I blushed and looked away before my mind wandered a little to far.

"I never rejected you." His words caught my attention and I scowled at the ceiling I was now looking at.
"Clearly you did don't you remember?" I said to him as the memory of him practically rejecting in the janitors closet replayed in my mind.
"I think I have to most dense mate in the world." He muttered flopping back onto my bed while covering his face. I turned my head and glared at him.
"That was pretty uncalled for don't you think?" I asked him feigning my hurt expression.

"If I rejected you don't you think I would have said it a little more formally like the real way to reject some one. Has anyone ever told you how to reject some one?" He asked me when I looked at him confused. I shook my head, I mean why would some one teach me that? Rejecting your mate was not only rude but also one of the stupidest things you could do! They are supposed to be your other half and denying your other half would be terrible. I stared and chance and shuddered. Geez what a great other half I was blessed with!

"When some one rejects another they will say it a lot more formal than what I said so I technically did not reject you. They would say some thing like 'I and then their name reject my mate so and so' and then that person rejected their mate." He explained and looked over at me.
"Do you understand?" He asked me watching my facial expression waiting for me to give off the impression that I didn't.
"Yeah, but then what happens to them afterwards? Like I know that after saying that the one mate rejected the other so then what happened to them? Do they get to get another mate that's been rejected like them or just live a lonely life? And can that mate that rejected the other mate take that mate back?" I asked shooting question after question at him.

He looked at me and sighed.
"You're asking a lot of questions so I will try to answer them but ask one at a time okay? You cant just bomb bard some one with so many questions at once!" He exclaimed dramatically and I rolled my eyes.
"Whatever, okay so first question then. What happens to the pair after wards?" I started with the question that I wanted to know the answer to first.
"I don't know I have never been rejected before!" He exclaimed shaking his head.
"Okay then lets find out Mr. Smart ass!" I exclaimed back. I took a deep breath and was about to tease the hell out of him by starting the sentence but before I could even say 'I' he was covering my mouth with his hand.

"Don't!" He said seriously. I rolled my eyes and licked his palm. He pulled his hand away and wiped it on his jeans.
"That was gross.... No but seriously don't play around with that kind of stuff." He told me talking as if I was a child playing with knives.
"I was kidding sheesh calm down." I grumbled and crossed my arms over my chest pouting slightly.
"Anyways to answer your question seriously this time... I heard that both mates feel excruciating pain for about a week where some mates even die from it. Apparently its not anything to do with health is actual heart break. Some say you can hear some mates hearts actually breaking in their chest." He told me and I shivered.
"And after wards all they feel is emptiness.... no feelings what so ever. Some say that's why some werewolves turn to the rogue life. But yeah they live a life of emptiness and only the strong hearted will make it."

I looked at him as he stared at the ceiling looking like he was some where else.
"What you're saying is scaring me..." I whispered and he looked over to me and smirked a little bit.
"I wouldn't ever reject you." He told me and my heart melted at the sound of him saying that. I was about to say something when he cut me off.
"Because I don't wanna go through that shit!" He exclaimed and I scowled at him as he laughed at my facial expression.
"Oh haha jerk!" I replied annoyed. He nudged me with his elbow.
"I'm kidding I'm kidding! Next question!" He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Next question was can they like get together with some one else and be mated to them? Like another rejected wolf?" I asked and he looked at me like I was crazy..

"Haven't you ever been educated on mates!?" He joked sarcastically.
"Yessss...." I said dragging out the end of the word.
"Then you should know that the answer to your question is a no... you only get one mate. Once you screw that up that's it. Game over." He explained and I looked at the ceiling. Wow this whole mate world seems so complicated.
"Okay so you say game over but can't the mates take one another back?" I asked him still looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah, they can." He told me not really elaborating on the subject.
"How does that work then?" I asked him. I waited for a response and when I didn't hear one coming from him right away I looked over at him. He was staring at me intently. I swallowed and blushed slightly.
"Well?" I asked and he sort of just shook his head probably riding himself of some thoughts.
"The mate that did the rejecting has to kiss the other mate and tell them they want them back. But its up to the other mate if they want their mate back. That's when the cards are in the other mates hand. See when for example say I reject you right?"

"Mhm."
"Okay well then you would feel 10x more pain than I would. I would still be in a lot of pain but not as much as you. So when for example I come and kiss you and tell you I want you back I ask 'Will you take me as your mate again?' and if you say no then I feel the pain you felt the first time while you feel the lesser side of the pain. But most times they always take each other back. Unless you have a extremely pissed off mate looking for revenge!" He explained and I nodded following along.

"Do you get it?" He asked me looking over at me now.
"Yeah I get it but its all so confusing!" I whined and he laughed.
"I know but you should know by now that our world isn't so simple." He replied.
"Its anything but simple." I agreed. I started feeling a burning sensation in my calf again and I sat up.
"Oh shoot!" I hissed and stood up awkwardly.
"Whats wrong?" Chance asked me as I walked away into my bathroom.
"I need to take my pain meds." I told him and in a second he was by my side.
"Do you need water?" He asked me. He was standing extremely way to close and as he breathed I could feel his cool breath fanning across my face. My breath caught in my throat and I looked up at him. He was looking down at me with concern written all over his face.

"Um no but uh a little breathing space wouldn't be a bad idea.." I told him blushing and he smiled at me a little sheepishly.
"Sorry." He apologized and walked back to my room. I heard him sit down on my bed and I continued to find my pills. Once I downed one I walked back out and saw him looking at a picture frame that I kept under my pillow. I knew what picture he was looking at. It was a picture of Sienna, Joyce, Demitri, Elle and myself. It was a old picture from when we used to live in our old house. It was taken well before Sienna or myself was a werewolf. I think it was taken two weeks before Sienna turned. We were all at the beach for a family outing and we all managed to ditch the parents.

It was funny they went into a store and while gone we took all the beach stuff out of the car and ran away from them. We set up our own beach spot and hid from them the whole day. When they found us we were all sun burnt and crashed out on our beach towels. That photo was of us passed out on our beach towels. They took it without us knowing and then gave it to us later on. We all got a good laugh out of it even Elle who never wanted anything to do with us was in on everything that day.

I walked over and sat down beside him I ripped the picture frame out of his hand and shoved it under my pillow again.
"Don't you know not to go through other peoples stuff?!" I yelled frustrated that I was starting to get upset just by remembering how awesome old times were. My life some times frustrated me. I missed being a human I really do and being this scary dog kinda makes me mad. That and the fact I was remembering Elle.....
"Yes, but you aren't just some other person Hyena you're my mate." He retorted using his stupid name he calls me. I rolled my eyes.
"And I still don't care." I replied and folded my arms over my chest glaring at the wall.

"How come I've never seen that one girl around? Is she off to college some where?" He asked me and I shrugged.
"I don't know."
"Yes you do." He said.
"I don't want to talk about her okay!?" I exclaimed and I turned to him glaring hoping my eyes would shoot out lasers to burn his face off! I shook my head riding myself of mean scary thoughts and whined a little. Bad Harley! Keep your emotions in check girl!
"Okayyy sorry." He said quietly.

I looked at him and my face softened. He was looking down at his lap, his forehead creased with confusion. I felt bad I mean it wasn't his fault he was touching a sensitive subject he has no idea who Elle is or what happened he's just curious of her where abouts.
"Her name is Elle." I told him quietly and he looked at me.
"Oh okay." he replied trying not to say the wrong thing.
"She died a while ago... she was my sister." I told him and his face softened while he watched me.
"No one in the family really paid much attention to Elle. She was the kind of person that kept to herself most of the time." I explained. I had no idea what I was saying or what I was about to say but suddenly I wanted to fill Chance in on the story. I wanted to talk about it.

No one around here really talks about Elle a lot its really not a likeable subject for us.
"So no one bothered to spend time with her. She was kind of a family outcast..." I told him remembering the way Elle would sit by herself on one side of the table and how she would always be in her room. Never once did Elle and I have a full conversation. Even as kids I think she would rather to play alone.
"She died a while ago..... Sienna killed her." I blurted and his eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"Elle had a mate that loved her very much but unfortunately some other idiot convinced Elle that he was her mate and Elle believed him. So Elles mate was left behind so Elle was with a guy that wasn't really her mate but she thought he was. He turned her against our pack without us knowing and soon our pack was at war with another pack of wolves. At the end we found out Elle had betrayed us. Our old Luna was killed by Elle fake mate ........ So Sienna killed him and then Elle went into a frenzy and went for Sienna. Sienna had no choice but to kill Elle. A while after our Alpha couldn't bear the pain of not having his mate so he killed himself... The old Luna and Alpha was Raidens and Cathys mother and father.... That's another sensitive subject for us... After that Sienna and Raiden stood up for their pack and have been leading it ever since." I explained and while I talked he sat and listened patiently.

He was studying my face for a moment and I looked away. I was still torn on whether or not telling him that was a good idea or something stupid that I shouldn't have done. Instead of him saying anything I felt his warm tingly embrace as he hugged me tight into his chest. I was shocked for the first couple seconds and then I hugged him back burying my face in his chest.
"I'm sorry you had to go through that Harley...." He told me and I broke down. I completely broke down. I was sobbing into his chest now as he soothed me rubbing circles on my back. I missed them! Even Elle! But most of all I was scared of the flash backs from that day... All the blood and lifeless bodies I saw. Its not a wonder why I hate violence so much and hate blood!

After a few minutes I calmed down enough so pull myself away from him. I noticed his shirt was wet with my tears and I felt kinda bad about it.
"I can get you one of Demitris shirts." I told him and he looked down smiling gently.
"Its okay I don't mind." He told me. I sniffled and looked up at his face.
"Sorry about that." I told him blushing in embarrassment. I was embarrassed I wasn't going to lie. I had just broken down in front of the person who is sweet to me one minute then a complete douche the next! I mean in public at least!

"Its okay you saved me from having to shower when I get home." He told me smirking. I giggled and glared at him playfully.
"You jerk." I muttered and he laughed. I rubbed my eyes and moved farther away from him. I'm not going to lie I was craving his warm embrace again and I was wishing he could hold me forever.
"Don't tell anyone I cried in front of you okay." I told him seriously and he smirked.
"Or what?" He teased.
"Or .... Or..... Just don't okay!?" I pleaded and he chuckled.
"Okay! Okay!" He said putting his hands up in defence.
"Pinky swear?!" I questioned holing my pinky out towards him.
"What are you five?!" He questioned me bewildered that I was actually making him pinky swear me on this.

"No five and a half!" I retorted sticking my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and hooked pinkys with me pinky swearing me. After we released each others pinky I yawned. He checked his phone and sighed.
"Its getting late I should probably go." He told me and I nodded getting up from my bed and limping towards the bathroom.
"Good night Chance."
"Good night Hyena." He replied and I growled slightly. I heard him chuckling as he left my room by the window.

*************************************************************************************************************************

I woke up this morning determined to go to school! Its Wednesday and the past two days I have been at home pretty much on a 'sick bed vacation' as Sienna would say. I didn't count Sunday as one of my 'Sick bed vacation day because it was the weekend nothing fun happens on weekends anyways. The doctor said this week at school wouldn't be a good idea but I felt like living on the wild side and going today... that and the fact that staying within the house alone all day was driving me mad. I mean just sitting there watching the same ten movies that we owned was getting old and eventually I would start noticing things around our house. Like how there is dust bunnies only under the love seat in the living room and none under the big couch... don't ask me how I found that out. Lets just say my battle with these crutches never ends.....

I straightened my hair and put on some light makeup and dressed in some loose comfy pants and a tank top. I pulled on my giraffe print bag and my converse and limped/ used these stupid crutches to get down stairs. I decided that today I am going to bring the crutches to school just in case. I saw Sienna in dads office as I passed by. Damn why does the door have to be open!?
"Harley?" I heard her call my name. I stopped just as I was about to open the front door. Dammit! I felt really bad about the fight we had last night and to day I just didn't want to face her just yet.

"Uh yes?" I replied.
"Come here for a moment please." She told me and I turned around and crutched back to the doorway into the office. I looked at her sitting at dads desk with paper work laid out in front of her. She had a pen in her hand and she was studying me I saw her yes land on my back pack and I tensed.
"Hey Sienna I'm really sorry about last night and the way I treated you... It wasn't right of me and I'm sorry." I told her and she nodded.
"Its fine I know I need to back off a little some times but I do care about you Har.... Which is why I'm about to give you shit for trying to go to school!" She exclaimed and I laughed nervously.

"Pfttt me try to go to school? The doctor said I shouldn't go back this week.... I listen to the doctor you know! Doctors orders! I listen to them 100% all the time! All day, Every day! Every month, Every hour, Every year! Yep ahah you know me just such a good listener!" I told her getting ready to speed crutch away really fast if need be. I mean I think I could run away from her. Half of me may be out of service but she's pregnant and slow so I think I could win.

"What ever Har... I never saw you leave but if something happens call me right away!!" She told me seriously and I snorted.
"Sienna what can you do? You cant even change anymore!" I exclaimed and she scowled at me.
"Gee thanks for reminding me... maybe I did see you leave." She said raising an eyebrow at me.
"Fine Ill call Vince okay!? You never saw me!" I yelled to her as I crutched away. I opened the front door and closed it behind me. I looked at the stairs and chucked my crutches to the end of them. I slowly made my way down the set of stairs and then picked up my crutches again and started to make my way to the road.

Just as I got to the road I heard Cathy's front door open. I looked over and saw Cathy and Hunter walking out talking amongst themselves and laughing at god only knows what! When Cathy looked at me she stopped talking and froze for a spilt second.
"Harley?!" She called and I waved at her.
"The one and only!" I replied forcing myself to half smile. With the forest so close to me I was a little on edge. the forest still dares the crap out of me!

Cathy let go of Hunters hand and ran towards me at full tilt. I winced as she enveloped me in a bone crushing hug.
"The crippled can breatheeeee!" I squeaked and she loosened up her grip slightly.
"Sorry! Sorry! I'm just so excited to see you! It's been two days without seeing my best friend! In best friend time it feels like years!

I was confused... honestly I was very confused by this. I lived next door an I was home the whole two days I was gone. She couldn't come to my house to hang out? I was sure she could and I was pretty positive she just didn't bother to see me. That thought sort of hurt a little. I mean my own BestFriend didn't even come to visit me while I was on my 'sick bed vacation' and my selfish jerk of a mate did!

"I was just next door you could've come over.." I told her and she backed away from hugging me.
"Yeah I know but I thought maybe you would like time to you're self to recover you know?" she asked and quite honestly no I didn't know.

"Time to myself was exactly not why I wanted." I muttered.
"What?" she asked me and I shook my head waving it off.
"Nothing never mind!" I chirped happily pulling off the best fake smile I could. I must have done a good job cause she beamed a smile back at me.

We all made our way to the bus stop and waited for the bus.
"So Harley what happened to you anyways?" Hunter asked me bluntly and I looked at him shocked. Cathy reached up and smacked the back of his head.
"What the hell is wrong with you!?" She Shrieked and the bus pulled up in front of us. I could hear her scolding him as we boarded the bus. I just kept my eyes glued to the floor. Is this what today was going to be filled with? People questioning me?!

I was starting to think maybe going to school wasn't such a good idea and maybe listening to the doctor would've been smart....
************************************************************************************************************************

When the bus pulled into the school parking lot my stomach was doing flips. If even hunter was curious and had no idea what happened then maybe no one was filled in yet.. My first guess was that everyone was curious and I would be running into a lot of questions close to what Hunters was, and I was not excited about it.

As I got off the bus I could practically feel everyone's stare burning a hole straight into my back. I blushed as I crutched by my fellow pack members and peers. Why can't I ever get a break? ! like seriously! As I got to the school doors I reached out to grab the handle and some one rushed in front of me and opened it for me.
"Here I got it!" Some girl from our pack said beaming a smile at me.

I gave her a confused look and continued making my way into the school. She does know that my arms work perfectly fine right it's just my leg? I mean crutches makes that part pretty obvious! Or at least I thought... But when I got to my locker Cathy had it already opened. I gave her a funny look while she smiled at me.
"Thanks?" I said raising a eyebrow at her.
"No problem! Hey I'm really sorry about not being around on the weekend. None of this would have happened had I not gone to that business thing in a couple towns over. I would have been right beside you and everything would have been fine." She told me and I looked into my locker my eyes widening slightly.

I highly doubt that... Even if she was here she would have been with Hunter anyways so technically nothing would have changed anyways. For some strange reason I was starting to turn sour towards Cathy. Ever since she met Hunter she's never around and when she is he's around its like she left me and Sierra behind. I grabbed my books and closed my locker quickly before any one could do it for me. The locker slammed with a little to much force and bounced back smacking me in the face. I lost my balance on my crutches and I fell on the floor on my bum. I looked around and noticed everyone in the hall staring at me.