Chapter 23

Hellooo ladies and gents! Here is Chapter 23 enjoy my love bugs!

LOTS OF LOVEY, SAVANNAH!

Chapter 23

I hadn't talked to Riley since he saw me in wolf form and I was kind of upset about it. I don't know how long its been since then but it felt like days. The regular guys would come down and talk to me and I could tell they all liked talking to me. Many of them told me their life stories and expressed their emotions to me. I didn't mind it I enjoyed their company honestly. I'm sure the kids liked listening to them too. The last guy of the night left with our empty food trays and shut the door. I paced the room becoming antsy for some reason. About 15 minutes later the door opened and shut very quietly. I heard rushed foot steps and then saw Riley in front of the cage.
"Harley?" He called and I walked up to the door. I gripped the bars and stare at him.
"Where have you been Riley?" I asked and he looked away.

"Talking to my dad to try and convince him to set you guys free and leave the pack alone. I tried telling him that you guys are stronger than us but he wouldn't listen. He thinks I'm betraying him and befriending you... The full moons tomorrow and he's going to kill you guys as soon as your pack shows up. He is going to kill you guys right in front of them which will start a huge fight." Riley ranted on.
"The full moons tomorrow?" I asked him and he nodded. I sniffed his scent and he smelt all human.
"Riley you don't even have the scent of a hunter...." I told him and he looked down.
"I don't think you guys are bad. I don't want you dead. I like you..... I'm not a hunter anymore I guess because you change my opinion on your race... I was never really one to begin with anyways." He shrugged.

"Were you trained to kill us?" I asked him and he nodded.
"Yes I know how to fight in case of a emergency." He told me.
"Will you help us tomorrow?" I asked. I hated asking him this because in return he would have to betray his own family but if I didn't  get his help we would for sure die.
"At least help them... I'll be fine." I told him motioning to the kids. He gave them one look before nodding.

"Yeah I'll help." He said and I gave him a surprised look.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah really Harley." He repeated giving me a reassuring smile.
"But what about betraying your family?" I wondered and he shrugged.
"My dad needs to get what's coming to him for killing my mother." He muttered and looked away. I stared at him and reached my hand out putting it softly on his shoulder.
"I have your back tomorrow Riley. You have my word." I told him and he looked up nodding. Although I'm a pretty useless wolf tomorrow I would still try to help Jeremiah, Carry and Riley even if it meant getting my hands dirty.

******************************************************************************************************************

I heard the rattling of the cage door and I bolted awake and up to my feet in seconds.
"Whoa its okay Harley just me." Nico said calmly and I let out a breath of relief.
"Whats going on?" I asked groggily. Nico gave me a pitiful look and I dreaded what he was about to say.
"Its almost 11." He informed me and I tilted my head to the side.
"At night?" I asked and he shook his head.
"Morning." He replied and stretched out my body and yawned.
"So then why am I up?" I asked and he looked around nervously.
"Boss has changed the time of the gathering. He left your pack a note a couple days ago changing it to this after noon." He explained.
"So what time?" I asked.
"Around three or four." He told me and slid a tray of food into the cage.

"Oh." I replied and sat down pulling the tray over to me. The kids crawled out from the dark corner and we ate our breakfast.

***************************************************************************************************************