Loonatics on Ice

Today was the hottest day in Acmetropolis and people were trying various to cool off, until a giant iceberg appeared and moved itself into the heart of the city, freezing people and vehicles everywhere, and frost covering the buildings.

In the tallest tower, where a green globe stood at the top, known as the Loonatics Tower and home to the famous superhero anthros. Sophie was reading a book while Tech was munching on pizza, when he realized that it was frozen.

Tech: Brrr. Now that is cold. (Takes a bite) Where'd you get it? Iceland?

Rev: Actually no. I just picked it up from a pizza joint downtown, which I must say is abnormally cold for this time of year, but if you really the pizza, they have last time. I could go back and get some be back at 4.2 seconds, but of course it's just am estimation, because you'll never know about traffic.

Tech shoved the frozen pizza in Rev's mouth, so that he could shut up.

Tech: That was one of those questions that didn't require an answer.

Sophie looked up from her book and laughed. She then turns towards her brother.

Sophie: Hey bro?

Ace: On it, sis.

He used his laser vision to melt the ice covering the pizza, making it crispy hot.

Tech: Extra crispy. Pizza, Duck?

The black mallard was looking himself in the mirror with a bed sheet as a cape.

Duck: Are you kidding? I've already had my protein shake. It's vitally important to maintain a superhero physique, because you can't be flabby, when you're...the Duckinator!

Ace: Yesterday, you were calling yourself, Super Duper Duck.

Duck: Yeah, well it wasn't quite rolling off the time. Besides, I need a name that will fit on the costume.

Sophie: (Smirking) How about...Duck?

Ace and Tech snickered.

Duck: (Sarcastically) Very funny.

Tech: (Handing a piece of pizza to Sophie) Want a slice?

Sophie: (Blushing, took the piece, and spoke shyly) Thank you.

Ever since they became a team, She and Tech became the best of friends, not to mention, Sophie has been harboring a crush on the coyote. It wasn't just his talents that started it, but it was his eyes. She felt like she could stare at them forever. She hasn't told anybody about her crush, not even her brother.

Sophie was cut off from her thoughts, when the doors opened and Lexi danced her way into the room, with headphones in her ears and moving to the rhythm. She took her headphones off, when she saw Tech and Sophie eating pizza.

Lexi: Tech, did you order more than one pie?

Tech: No, why?

Lexi: Cause, Slam is in the house.

The door opened again, and there stood Slam, half frozen. Sophie, Tech, Lexi, Duck, and Rev looked at him in bewilderment. A familiar beeping sound was heard and Zadavia's hologram appeared.

Zadavia: Loonatics, we have a problem.

Sophie: You have no idea.

Sophie rubbed some ice off the window to look outside. The city of Acmetropolis was freezing up.

The Loonatics all took a seat around Zadavia's hologram.

Ace: So what's up, Zadavia? Cause it's certainly not the temperature.