Going Underground

When Duck and Lexi returned to HQ, they told the other members about the massive earthquake and the giant dirt mountain at new Chinatown. The footage was displayed on screen for everyone to see.

Ace: This mountain just came out of nowhere? Just like that?

Duck: I'm pretty certain, it wasn't there before.

Rev: Yeah, weird huh? But, now we can go skiing anytime we want, without having to leave downtown. When we work out an appetite at the slopes, we can stop in for Chinese take out at the bottom. Man! Acmetropolis has everything.

Then Tech walked in with a working model of Chinatown to map out the earthquake.

Tech: I've gone over and over it again and again, but I can't figure out what would've caused that kind of geologic instability.

Duck: Oh, I don't know. Maybe something like a giant meteor hitting the earth! Hmm? Ring a bell?

Tech: Perhaps if I had enough time to build a more detailed model. I did it during my break. Total rush job.

A little model train was running through the model town.

Sophie: You made a little train. That's cute, Tech.

Tech laughed.

Lexi: Tech, the little elevated trains are actually running...and on time.

Tech: Ok, now normally, when there's diatomic activity, the plates of the Earth's crust move like this. (Pushes button) No matter, how many variations I try, there's just nothing that would count for this.

When the mountain model bursts up, Slam took a bite of the model.

Slam: Chocolate!

Ace: Uh Slam, I believe that's mud you're eating.

Tech: Actually, I ran out of soil, so I used hot fudge.

Sophie took a few bites of the chocolate mountain model, while Lexi took one bite.

Sophie/Lexi: With nuts.

Then, Zadavia's hologram appeared.

Zadavia: Speaking of nuts, this attack was the work of one, Dr. Thaddeus Dare.

Tech: Thaddeus Dare? Nut as an understatement.

Sophie: Why?

Zadavia: He's a reclusive and rather old scientist, but brilliant none the less. Dare was convinced that one day, he would find a way to control all forums of rock.

Duck: Say what? Control rock? Hello, party of one!

Zadavia: He was hideously disfigured by the meteor crash. He went crazy and his rock experiments grew more reckless. He was finally banished by the scientific community and disappeared.

Ace: Let me guess, a guy that's into rocks went underground, right?

Zadavia: Deep underground. I believe he's preparing to take his revenge on the world that rejected him. And he may have just found the ultimate means.

Tech: The Jade Serpent Crystal.

Zadavia: Yes. The crystal that was housed in the science tower which sunk underground today.

Ace: What's so special about this nugget?

Zadavia: It's an ancient gem that has a unique atomic structure set to contain untold energy. If Dr. Dare has somehow harnessed the power of the crystal, there is no telling what he might do. You must find Dr. Dare and stop him.