Family Business

The Loonatics were called to a pizza joint, where Toby the pizza boy had been attacking his boss with pizzas and various objects. Toby looked bigger, muscular, and menacing, with a strange robot object attached to both his back and head. It was a rough battle at first, but Ace used his laser vision to blast the object off pizza boy's back, changing him back to normal.

At HQ, the strange robotic object was contained inside a small dome by Tech.

Ace: Give us the scoop on this hard hat, Tech.

Tech: Well to put it simply, it's an extraterrestrial Bio-Tech Symons parasite that enables the host with thought control levitation powers.

Ace: A what?

Duck: To put it simpler, a thingamajig.

Sophie: Ok, you guys need to learn about these things.

Duck: Hmm. Let think about that....NO!

Ace: But pizza guy said he couldn't control his actions.

Tech: That's right! Once the "thingamajig" attached, it took over his free will and acted only on his deepest darkest desires.

Lexi: (munches on pizza) And those deep dark desires scored us plenty of free eats for saving pizza guy's boss.

Sophie: (munches on pizza) And at least those deep dark desires got the boss to lighten up on pizza guy.

Slam grabbed two boxes of pizza and shoved them into his mouth.

Duck: At least take them out of the box first!

Tech: (to Ace) He's lucky you blasted it off when you did, or it would've been stuck to him permanently, until it decided to leave on its own.

Just then Rev came zooming in dusting, polishing, and tidying up the room.

Rev: Anybody else run the dish washer?

Lexi: Rev, what's the rush? Dig in.

Rev: Sorry. Can't. No time. Gotta clean up. Got it organized. Gotta make HQ ready for visitors, whom I forgot to mention I invited, and are coming from out of town. They will be here any second.

As he spoke rapidly, Rev put a plates on the pizza Lexi and Sophie were holding and napkins on their arms, dusted Ace's chest, rapidly brushed Tech's teeth, polished Slam's big chin, and dusted Duck's pizza. Then, the doorbell rang.

Rev: Which would be this second!

He dropped the tiny feather duster on Duck's pizza and went to greet the visitors at the door, whom happened to Rev's father, mother, and younger brother.

Rev: Mom! Pop!

The two roadrunners rushed in and spun around Rev beneath him in a tornado, and they too spoke just as fast as Rev.

Ralph: There he is! How's that son of mine? It's so good to see you after such a long, long, while of not seeing him. Now finally seeing him his new digs.

They stopped spinning around Rev and greeted the other Loonatics.

Ralph: Pretty anxious feathers and this must be the super crime fighting I've heard about. Of course, I am Ralph Runner, and this is Harriet. Just call us Ma and Pa Runner, and this is Rip.

Rip: (slowly) Hey.

Ralph: Whoa, settle down son and let the grownups get a word in it. And I see you ordered pizza, which I love especially with those little sesame seeds.

He leaned down and began pecking and eating rapidly at the pizza. Ace and Lexi glanced awkward and uneasy expressions at each other while Ace tried to give Lexi a reassuring look.