Sypher

Ace and Rev had just returned to HQ after watching a Basketball game, but there was something wrong with them, very wrong. And it wasn't just the yellow color of their eyes; they both had lost their superpowers. How? They don't know.

Tech and Sophie had Rev on a treadmill to test his speed. It went too fast and Rev got tired easily, and he crashed backwards into a wall. Sophie checked the number on the treadmill, wrote it down, and showed her boyfriend.

Tech: Well Rev, the good news is the machine is working, the bad news is that you're not.

Ace: Thirty-six miles per hour?

Tech: Actually eighteen. I doubled it to be nice.

He walked away, then came back pushing a wall of cement blocks.

Tech: Shoot your power peepers at tthese, Ace.

Sophie: Come on, bro. You can do it.

Ace: Come on, guys. I've tried this. ( Sophie gives him a glare ) Oh, OK. Here it goes.

He narrowed his eyes at the cement blocks, trying to use his laser vision. But nothing happened, no matter how hard he tried. Slam punched the cement wall of bricks for him.

Ace: Thanks Slam. I was starting to get a headache.

Sophie: I'm afraid there's no denying it, bro. Both you and Rev are no longer in procession of your super powers.

Ace: Yeah, but check this out. ( Does a few punches and kicks ) You can take away my powers, but you can't take away my moves!

Tech: Exactly! You still got the moves that you got before you got your super powers, and Rev can still run like a normal roadrunner. Whatever did this must have affected your natural abilities.

Sophie: But guys, without your powers, you can't protect the city and fight crime.

Ace: Oh. Um, well, that's right. Who needs super powers anyway? Right Rev?

Duck: You know, the last time i checked superheroes need super powers. You guys were the best of us, but until your better, I think it's time for a new leader.

Just then, Zadavia's holographic face was on the screen.

Zadavia: That's an excellent idea, Duck.

Duck: It is?

Sophie: ( Surprised ) Wow, Duck had a good idea. That's a first.

Tech, Ace, and Rev snickered.

Zadavia: Ace, until we can figure out what happened to your enhanced abilities-

Duck: See? Even the boss lady agrees with me.

Zadavia: You shouldn't be out in the field, and neither should Rev. Your replacement will have to be smart, courageous, cool under pressure, and have excellent leadership skills, not to mention a dazzling smile. There really is only one clear choice...Lexi, I'm counting on you!

Lexi: All over it, boss!

Sophie: Nice!

Zadavia: And you'll have to be fast, I just received this report that the dam from Central Acmetropolis Reservoir is about to burst. Billion gallons of water will rush down and flood this campground full of tourists. There's no time to evacuate. Lexi, take Slam and Duck. Good luck. Zadavia out.

Her holographic face disappeared.

Lexi: Your heard her! Let's jet!

Slam grunted in agreement and followed Lexi, while Duck followed mumbling to himself.