The Hunter

Massive had escaped from the Acmetropolis Intergalactic Prison Ship and stole paintings from the Acmetropolis Museum of Fine Arts. Those paintings belonged to top artist Scooter Bullock, who disappeared last week. Now Massive was seen heading for the Western Museum, belonging to Hopalong Chiron and his robo-horse Thunder. So Ace, Lexi, Duck, Tech, and Sophie traveled to the Western Museum by jet-packs. When they arrived, they found a large hole by the entrance where Massive has used to get in.

Ace: I left Slam and Rev at HQ to keep tabs on Massive. (through COM) Any sign of him guys?

Rev was typing away on the keyboard back at HQ, but Slam was stuffing himself with food, in a rather disgusting sort of way.

Ace: Yeah, you don't say. But don't, my stomach's turning. Rev, you'll be our eyes and ears. Ok, time to saddle up boys and girls!

The five anthros entered through the hole in the wall and into the museum. Everything was filled with objects, clothes, and other things based on space cowpoke.

Duck: Don't see Mr. Mean and Green anywhere.

It was too quiet, and like Duck said, Massive was nowhere to be seen. But they had to ready if there was an ambush.

Ace: Let's spread out, Loonatics!

Duck and Lexi went in one direction, Sophie, Tech, and Ace went in the other direction, and they found the spot where Thunder the robo-horse used to be.

Sophie: That robo-horse is gone!

Tech: Looks like Massive found what he came for.

Ace: What would Massive want with Hopalong's horse?

Sophie: Uh, to ride on it and attack us at the same time!

She had seen Massive riding on Thunder, while riding on a green gravity aura in the air above them. Ace and Tech looked up to see Massive, as he fired green auras down at them, like a western outlaw shooting at his enemy by the feet. Ace used Tech's gyro to keep himself from getting hit. Duck teleported right in front of Ace, wanting to take him down on his own, when some orange rope wrapped itself around Duck, tying him up. Ace looked to where the rope came from and noticed some movement by the chandelier. Massive got away on Thunder, and the Loonatics returned to HQ, where Tech was at the computer, while Ace, Lexi, Duck, and Sophie stood beside him.

Ace: Tech, were you able to find anything that we can use to track Massive?

Tech: I did a complete body sweep of Duck and found something most strange.

Lexi: Just tell me it's not moving. (shrudders)

Sophie: It's only a piece of hair that doesn't belong to either him or any of us.

Tech: I ran it through my DNA constructor; analysis should be just about ready.

A large screen moved downward towards them. On screen, the analysis of the hair revealed its owner. A short, bald-headed man wearing a brown suit with black boots.

Sophie: I know him! That's Electro J. Fudd! He comes from a long line of famous hunters. I wonder what he's doing with Massive.

Duck: That loser? Fudd? He doesn't look like much of a hunter.

Sophie: Are you kidding? The Fudds have been great hunters since the beginning of time.

She picked up a remote control and displayed several images of Electro's ancestors, being distracted by a harmless animal while a larger and meaner one is right behind them before killing them.

Sophie: There was Elmer J. Fudd, who hunted down the world's biggest squirrel...until the squirrel went nuts. Minooka J. Fudd, known for his hunting of aquatic animals...before he disappeared. Ahab J. Fudd, who hunted a mysterious great whale...before the big chomp. And Promagnet J. Fudd, who hunted the great wooly mammoth...before the big stomp.