Attack of the Fuzz-balls

Ace was working out in the training room, with hover disks that Tech invented for him to practice his fighting skills.

By the time that he was finished, Lexi and Sophie entered the room with two cute fuzz balls, one pink and the other light blue.

Lexi: Hey, look what we got!

Ace turned to face the two girls, not before destroying the last hover disk. When Slam saw the two fuzz balls, he mistook them for snacks and tried to eat them, but Lexi and Sophie moved to the side, and Slam hit the huge gun. The gun was turned on, when Slam fell on the switch. It whirled around and hit Tech, who landed upside down and the beam from the gun was closing in on his tail. Tech yelped, but Sophie rushed over and pulled out the plug, making the beam disappear. Tech sighed with relief as he got up.

Tech: Thanks Sophie.

Sophie: You're welcome. Look at the new pet that I bought. Cute, isn't she?

Ace: What is that? You bought a new cotton tail?

Lexi: No, it's a fuzz-z. Oh c'mon, bio-pets are only the coolest trends ever hit Acmetropolis.

Ace: Yeah? What do you hit it with?

Lexi: You don't hit it, you love it. Show it whatever you want it to be; a glove, a choker, a cuddle walker.

Sophie: Don't forget it can be used as a hat, a wristband, and a belt.

Both pets transformed into the items that the girls demonstrated, when Duck walked in.

Duck: Hold it right there, sister! (Grabs Lexi's fuzz-z) How did you get a hold of one of these anyway? My fuzz-z's been on back order for weeks. Are you sure this isn't supposed to be mine?

Slam tried to eat the pink fuzz-z from Duck, who held it back from Lexi, but he moved the fuzz-z away from Slam and in Lexi's face, so she took her fuzz-z back from Duck.

Lexi: Back off, Duck. Zozo is mine.

Duck: (Snickers) Zozo?

Sophie: It's nice.

Duck: What about you, toots? Are you sure your fuzz-z isn't mine?

Sophie: (Shakes her head) Sorry Duck, Bonny is mine.

Tech: (Smiling) Bonny?

Sophie: (Smiling and nods) Yeah, like the flower.

Just then, the TV screen came down and Zadavia's holographic face could be seen.

Zadavia: You're not going to believe this one, Loonatics. But there's a situation in South Acmetropolis that requires your special attention. A residential zone in the fourth quadrant seems to have a giant spider problem.

Ace: Didn't they just spray for giant spiders last week?

Zadavia: This family barely escaped with their lives.

Tech: Species? Origins?

Zadavia: Unknown and unknown.

Sophie: (Shaking) Thank god. That family i-is s-safe.

Duck: (Teasingly) You afraid of a little spider, Sophie? (Sophie whimpers as she was being held by Ace and Tech rubbing her back while the two glared at Duck, who looked back at the screen.) Forget where it came from. Where's it going; it's not coming here, is it?

Zadavia: The plan was for you to go there.

Her face moved closer to the screen, and it made Duck scared. Sophie was happy that her brother, crush, and mother figure came to her defense.