Chapter 14

Iris's small frame shakes as harsh breathes leave her mouth and sweat trails lines down her forehead. She starts twitching and, suddenly, she gasps as her body shoots up into a sitting position.

She tries to control her breathing as she looks desperately around the room, hoping that her dad isn't actually here and he can't hurt her anymore. That this isn't a dream.

No matter how much she wants to, she knows she won't be getting anymore sleep tonight. The idea of going for a walk pops into her head and before she can even think of any consequences, her legs are taking her out of her tent. She looks around camp to check if any other lost boys might not be able to sleep either, but all there is the ash from the old fire and the empty logs of where they would be.

She tiptoes out, and follows a faint trail in the grass. Iris just keeps walking ahead and it doesn't feel like long until she finds an opening with a cliff. Taking a look around at her surroundings, she walks nearer the end and sits down with her legs crossed. Her eyes glisten as she watches the night sky, how the stars seem brighter in Neverland but look just as beautiful.

"What do you think you're doing?"

She jumps at the sudden sound and turns her head around. Her eyes meet with an angry Peter and fear grows evident in her features.

She quickly stands up facing him properly, "N-Nothing. I just couldn't sleep, so I came for a walk. I-I just found this place."

"Why can't you sleep?" He asks, his face seeming to relax as he tilts it to the side a little.

"It's uncomfortable and I'm having nightmares," she mumbles, looking down at the ground as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Well come on, you can sleep in my bed," he tells her and turns around on his heel.

Her eyes widen as she looks back up at him, his bed?

She quickly catches up with him and has to continue walking fast because of how big his legs are. Luckily for Iris, they get back to camp quickly and they enter Peter's tent.

"Get into bed," Peter demands as he notices Iris nervously stood next to the entrance.

She nods quickly and makes her way over, her head bowed. After sitting on the bed, she takes off her shoes and climbs under the covers. Her mind starts racing as Peter pulls his top off, revealing his toned upper body in the faint light.

"W-Where are you sleeping?" She asks, her eyes wide.

Peter chuckles, "Right here." He points down at the bed, and Iris feels her cheeks heat up.

She turns on her side and shuts her eyes tightly, hoping that she can have a good sleep just this once.

•••••

im so hungry I haven't eaten anything and I've been having like one meal a day lmao

but it's cool bc im a fat fuck

hoped you like this smol chapter✌🏻️

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday