Chapter 32

The forest is bouncing with excitement and yells of enjoyment are flying from it as the boys, and Iris, run quickly towards the beach. Their red faces and wide grins show how happy they all are, and the positive energy is vibrating through the whole island. It's something that hasn't seemed to happen in a while.

All of them break out of the tree line and leap onto the soft, golden sand. They yell out like a group of Indians and instantly head straight into the swaying ocean. Each of them splash the warm water as they jump around and pull themselves through it, soaking their shorts and vests.

Iris squeals as James, Michael and Daniel all push water in her direction. They're all laughing and Iris is trying to run away, but they're just as quick as she is. "Guys! Stop!"

They finally stop and Iris sees this as her chance to get her revenge, so she turns around and musters all of her strength together to push as much water over them as possible. However, her plans don't exactly go the way she wants them to. She does get the perfect splash, but it's not over the three boys. It's gone over Peter.

Iris's oak eyes grow wide as her pale cheeks turn a deep scarlet. She can't seem to say sorry, or even open her mouth at all. All she can do is watch silently as he turns around slowly, making her heart drop. Peter's emerald eyes are narrowed but they're still shinning and his lips have fallen down into frown. He looks down at her for a few moments with his eyebrow raised, until the side of his lips crack into a smirk.

Peter splashes her back, and Iris's mouth forms into a wide grin as she tries turning away from the water. She tries to run away from getting splashed again, but he quickly runs after her. In one swift movement, Peter sweeps Iris off of her feet and chucks her into the water.

She stands back up immediately, gasping for air and completely soaked and dripping in the lukewarm ocean water. Peter laughs loudly, it beaming through the island. It even seems to lighten up slightly, as if it enjoyed such a rare and foreign sound.

Iris grins mischievously which Peter raises his eyebrow at, but before he can even realise it Iris leaps onto him and wraps herself around him. It makes him lose his footing and fall back into the more shallow part, still soaking his body however. They both erupt into laughter and then smile sweetly, looking deeply into each other's eyes.

Softly, she chuckles as she bites her lip and Peter pushes her dark hair behind her ear. All Peter wants to do in this moment is kiss her, but he can't find the courage in him to do it. This savage boy, who can willingly kill an army of people, can't even kiss a girl.

Iris feels her cheeks heat up because of Peter's loving gaze, and decides to push herself back up on her feet. She pulls her top down and then pushes her hair back, not really knowing what to do with herself. Peter sighs quietly, disappointed in himself for not taking the chance and then gets up himself.

James, Mikey and Daniel catch Iris's attention as they're all splashing and running around. She bites her lip for a moment, looking back at Peter for permission to go over. Peter sighs deeply and looks over at them, then back at her. The way her teeth have trapped her bottom lip entrances him, and he wants to let her do anything suddenly. He wants to worship her and look after her.

Finally, he waves his hand and she's off quicker than a bullet leaving a gun. Iris yells out excitedly to them and then jumps onto James back, which makes James wrap his hands around her thighs. The sun shines off of their sweaty foreheads and beats down on the ocean making it sparkle like diamonds.

Felix walks up behind Peter, and they both watch Iris and the boys play. More specifically Iris with James. "I've been watching them, she could be falling for him," Peter mutters angrily.

"And I've been with them everyday, he sees her as a sister," Felix explains, patting him on the back trying to reassure him. "Just like she thinks of him as a brother."

Peter huffs and rolls his eyes, marching away with clenched fists. Felix shakes his head as he smiles, watching Peter strut away.

•••••

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday