Chapter 11

Felix quickly made his way out of camp and started walking through the forest. It's quite difficult for Iris to keep up with him since she has short legs whereas Felix has long. He walks fast too which makes it harder for her.

"So, how come you're here?" Felix suddenly asks her, keeping his eyes upfront of him.

"What do you mean?" She says, out of breath slightly.

"What was wrong in your life?"

"N-Nothing," she stutters, casting her eyes down slightly.

He looks down at her with a side smirk, "I'm guessing abusive parents and no friends, hated school and you believed so badly in Peter that he just couldn't help himself with you."

"Abusive parent actually, my mum died when I was seven. And I had a best friend, his name was Sam and I didn't mind school. But I was obsessed with the idea of Peter taking me away from my dad," she tells him, just so she can prove him wrong.

"Hm, so I was close," he chuckles.

It confuses Iris slightly. Peter always seemed to need to talk to Felix, so she assumed that it meant Peter told Felix everything and it had always been like this. That meant that Felix will pretty much know about everything that Peter does or everything that comes to Neverland, including her.

"I thought Peter would have explained me to you, I don't understand why he brought me when he's never brought a girl before," she says, curiosity taking over her mind.

"Well, when he grows a need for something and sets his mind on it, he never fails to get it," he explains.

"Oh, so I'm just another thing he wanted?" She asks gloomy.

Iris couldn't help but feel a tad bit disappointed at this, she thought that maybe Peter thought she was special. That he found something in her that he hasn't found in any other girl. But in reality she's just another object that Peter Pan wanted to collect and keep forever.

"I guess so, I mean, you could be more but I don't know," Felix tells her honestly.

"Right," she nods. "And why are you here?"

"He needed a right hand man who is loyal," he says, glancing down at her. "I never had parents who loved me, so I was the perfect lost boy."

"Oh, and what's with the scar?"

"When I first got here, Peter was harder on me. With training that is, so if I didn't defend myself properly I'd end up with a nasty scar," he explains to her, pushing a tree branch out of the way and looking up ahead of them again.

"It makes you look cool, like all the bad guys on movies," she smiles brightly, and she sees the side of his mouth twitch up into a small side smile.

"Movies?"

"Uh, let's just say books," she giggles.

He nods, "Well, we might as well get on now. This is the perfect place to hunt."

-

After a little while, Felix and Iris have collected a few squirrels. He was weary at first because of how she reacted, she would turn pale and have to completely look away. But then, Iris got gradually more confident and he ended up letting her have a go at helping. Her face completely lit up when her trap finally worked on one. And then once he trusted her with shooting, he allowed her to have a go. He made sure she held it tight and still didn't let go when she let it go, but she proud nonetheless when it shot through the squirrel.

The entire time walking back to camp, Iris can't help but grin about actually being successful in hunting. Yes, she didn't like killing them, but it meant she would be able to fit in with the boys more now. Felix was even proud of her, she really proved him wrong.

"James! James look! I got a squirrel!" She jumps, smiling widely at him as they enter camp. James chuckles and as she makes her way over with Felix.

All the boys giggle at her excitement, and take a turn to congratulate her. She thanks each one with an uncontrollably huge smile on her face.

James stands up and wraps her up in a warm hug and then steps back so he can look down at her. "Well done, tiny," he grins proudly at her.

"Tiny?" She wonders, tilting her head to the side and furrowing her eyebrows.

"We thought you needed a nickname," he explains while smirking. "And you're the smallest person here."

"Hey," she pouts but eventually cracks into a smile.

It warms her heart at the thought of the friendships she has blossoming in camp. She only ever had Sammy and he wasn't one for nicknames like Iris.

"Iris," she turns to see Peter strutting his way over. "You had a shoot?"

"Uh, just once," she tells him quietly, looking down at the ground. "But Felix helped me, I didn't do it alone."

"Well at least I know you can do it," he smiles, it almost seems like he's proud of her for a moment.

Felix smiles too and looks at Peter as he says, "She's good Peter, it was her first go."

He hums and looks her up and down grinning, "Get eating and then off to bed, we'll be playing a game tomorrow."

They all nod, grinning at the thought of playing a game, and Iris sits down next to James. Felix says that he'll prepare their food and she smiles warmly up at him, thanking him.

•••••

okay so I went to a party last night and sO MUCH HAPPENED

ALSO I HAVE TWO MASSIVE HICKEYS ON MY NECK

I HAVE TO GO SEE MY DAD TODAY AND HE HATES ME EVEN HAVING A BOYFRIEND

but y'know I got a sausage and egg butty from the best breakfast butty place ever

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday