Chapter 22

[[can we just talk about how attractive he is in this gif?? omg jeez]]

The darkness from outside of Peter's tent is seeping through and smothering Iris and Peter. While Peter is flat out and letting soft breaths fall from his lips, Iris can't seem to keep her eyes shut. Her mind is racing with questions about Neverland and the only person who will be able to answer them is Peter, but he's so secretive.

Iris slowly turns her head so she can look at him. She's never looked at him so carefully before, the way his jaw is neatly outlined and his skin looks so soft. His lips are plump and a deep shade of pink. His hair is messy and some of it has been matted down on his forehead, making him look so attractive to Iris. Iris wants to hold him, and get to know him more. She just wants to know the kind boy he's only let out rarely in front of her. He looks so peaceful and harmless in this moment, and Iris likes it far more than when he gets angry.

Peter suddenly sits up making Iris jump up, and confusion enters her tired features. He quickly springs out of bed and starts pulling on his clothes, no longer leaving him only in his boxers. Iris furrows her eyebrows, pulling the covers up over her cold body.

"Some one's come to Neverland to pay us a visit," he tells her, with mischief laced in his words.

He storms out of the tent and Iris quickly jumps out of bed too, following him outside. He starts shouting at the boys to wake up and they all jump out of their skin, before lazily getting up. Iris goes over to help some of them wake up a bit more gentler than Peter and she helps their worn out body's stand up. After everyone is up, Iris stands beside James and Michael as Peter takes his position in front of all the boys. Felix stands beside Peter and sends Iris a tired smile which she returns.

"Morning boys," Peter smirks. "Some... visitors have come to the island. Why don't we give them a surprise welcoming?"

All of the boys cheer loudly and start riling themselves up, while Iris stays quiet. She puts on a small, fake smile when James looks down at her excitedly. Iris knows that this won't be a kind welcoming from the boys, but most likely a brutal and horrific one. Then again, no one has ever really came to Neverland while Iris has lived here. She's only going off their behaviour and what they like to do.

Eventually, all the boys have got their weapons and they make it down to the beach. Iris watches carefully as they spread out, some staying in the tree line, and Peter walks up to a a man Iris can't make out by himself. She notices the ship floating in the ocean and her eyes widen. There's pirates?

Iris's curiosity gets the best of her and she decides to step out onto the beach, but one of the boys quickly stop her. She turns around and sees it's the boy named Liam.

"Peter give me strict orders to keep you safe back here. He knew you'd get intrigued, so he told me to not allow you to go near any pirates. To keep you safe," he explains in a hushed tone, holding softly onto her wrist.

"Please , I only want to know what's going on. Peter won't do anything to you, I promise I won't let him," she pouts like a child.

He bites his lip pondering for a moment, "You promise?"

"I promise."

He sighs letting go of Iris's wrist and nodding. A big smile erupts on her face and she starts walking up behind Peter.

Felix, who is stood quite a bit back behind Peter, gives Iris a confused look as she walks past. He watches her make her way to Peter, who quickly senses her behind him.

"I thought I got Liam to keep you away?" Peter enquires, turning his head slightly in your direction.

Iris bites her lip nervously, "I-I got past him."

"Who's this pretty little thing?" The man says in front of them and she looks over Peter's shoulder.

Iris's eyes widen as she looks at the man probably in his early thirty's, stubble around his lower face, dark hair pushed over and he's dressed up in black leather with a worn out red waist coat. Her eyes follow down his boys and she notices that he has a hook instead of a left hand. So He must be Captain Hook, she didn't think he would be so handsome.

"Mine," Peter announces, stepping in front of Iris. She sees Hook glare at Peter before putting on a fake, crooked smile.

"Of course," he says darkly. "Well we've just come to do some sightseeing and have a lovely vacation in Neverland, no bother to you."

Peter changes his dark expression as he curls the side of his lips into a smirk and raises his eyebrow. Seeming amused by Hook's words for a moment.

"You have till tomorrow's sunset to leave. Otherwise, I will make it an unhappy ending for you, Hook," Peter snarls before turning around and grabbing Iris's arm.

He starts walking off into the forest. Iris can't help but look behind her at the pirates who are watching them leave. The boys start following closely behind and she soon loses sight of them, so she turns her attention to Peter who's still dragging her along. He looks angry, his eyebrows are furrowed together and the grip he has on her arm is quite tight.

"What's wrong, Peter?" Iris asks quietly, trying to keep up with his pace.

"He wants you," he says through gritted teeth.

"W-What?" She blurts. He sighs stretching his back muscles, trying to calm down. "And you're not going to do anything?" She says, her voice raising without her even meaning to.

"Do you really think I'm just going to let him take you?" He stops and pulls on her arm so she whips around, his face coming an inch away from hers.

"N-No," she stutters, becoming nervous.

"Good," he grins, showing off his pearly whites and looking as crazy as the Cheshire Cat.

•••••

ayeee

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday