Chapter 24

After a long day of being harassed by the Pirates, Iris is completely exhausted. She has dried blood, sweat and tears coating her face and body. Her small fragile body is shaking violently and flinching every time one of the disgusting Pirates throws something in her direction. Since she's been struggling to pull her small wrists out of the tight shackles that are bolted to the ground, keeping her in the middle of the deck, sore bruises have formed making her wince every time she moves them.

"Cap'in," a younger boy walks up to Hook.

Hook turns his attention from Iris and looks down at him, "What is it?" Iris lifts her head slowly to listen.

"Well, we can't seem to move the boat, and it's going to start getting dark soon. Peter will start to come looking for her soon," he tells him.

"Yes, yes. What's the problem? Why can't we move?" Hook replies rather impatiently.

The boy shuffles on his feet and Iris notices how nervous and undernourished he looks, "The anchor seems to be caught on something, every time we pull on it it's like it's pulled back down."

"Then cut the rope you idiot!" He yells harshly, smacking the boy on the head which makes Iris flinch just from watching.

The boy nods as he rubs the back of his head, walking away. Hook looks back to Iris, and they catch eye contact. He looks at her for a moment, and it's almost like a small glint of guilt flashes into his eyes as he looks at how fragile she looks. Her eyebrows furrow, but it's gone as quick as it comes.

-

It doesn't take long, after the sun starts setting causing the island to emerge into darkness, for Peter to become angry at how Iris isn't at camp. His eyes turn black as he watches the boys all flood into camp, with no sign of Iris.

"Boys!" Peter yells angrily, causing them to all whip their heads in his direction. "Where is Iris?"

They all look around with confusion laced in their features. James speaks up, "We thought she left camp with you this morning. She didn't come to breakfast."

Peter's eyebrows furrow as he processes what James said, he hasn't seen Iris all day.

"Felix, have you seen Iris?" He asks, but Felix shakes his head. "Shit. Oh fuck!"

Peter's frustration grows and he begins pacing in front of the boys, searching and digging into his mind. Where is she? Has something happened to her? He can feel himself losing control, like he usually does when he gets angry. He wants to lash out and rip out someone's throat, because if something has happened it's all his fault.

"What is it, Peter?" Timmy asks, worry evident as he spoke. "Where's Iris?"

Tommy pipes up next to him, "Maybe she decided to go for a walk and got lost."

But then it clicks, like a light bulb going off, and he stops pacing. He looks up, and a devilish smirk stretches his lips. The Pirates.

"Boys, I think we're going to have to pay the pirates another visit."

••••••

okay I haven't updated in so long but I love you all very much and I'll try to update soon

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday