Chapter 41

All around the ship, the sound of rough coughs spluttering discoloured phlegm shot through the air. The smell of old rum mixed with dirty, sweaty clothes lingers around the men that have faces black with dirt. It would have been an uncomfortable place to be for anyone else, but these pirates had been in it for so long that they don't even realise it anymore.

"Hook!" Peter suddenly says after appearing on the creaking wood, loud enough for the whole ship to hear.

It was like a bomb going off, silencing everything in a hundred miles distance. The young cleaning boys turn their heads in fear and the older ones stop playing with their knives, moving their gaze to the tall intimidating boy. Some pop their heads up from below the deck, as if too scared to come out because they're hiding from a beast.

"Don't you remember what I said would happen if you returned?"

Hook chuckles, his head turning slightly to his shoulder. "How are you doing laddy?"

"What do you want?" Peter grits through teeth.

Hook laughs again, "Why do you assume I want anything?" Peter raises his eyebrow, unamused with the Pirate. "We don't want your lass if that's what you think," he tells Peter, holding his hand out and turning around on his heel.

"Do you want you and your idiotic crew to live?" Peter steps forward, letting out a laugh in disbelief at how stupid these pirates can be.

Hooks eyes flash with anger, "Of course." His features quickly turn back to grinning and bright eyes, "We'll be out of your hair in a few days, just staying out the way of others at the moment."

"Who?" Peter wonders, tilting his head to the side.

"Oh just the usual. People I owe things to, people that are related to those I've killed or done wrong. I'm sure you understand," Hook shrugs, then looks Peter dead in the eye at the end part.

Peter forces a laugh through his nose, making his chest rise and fall quickly. "Yes, well, you have a few days. Everyday after that, one of your dirty pirates will face the consequences for everyday you stay more than you're welcome."

Usually, Peter would have ordered an attack straight away. He'd have slaughtered as many pirates as he wanted. But, he constantly has the promise he made Iris in the back of his mind. As much as he knows Iris hates the pirates, she also hates slaughtering and the breaking of promises. So for now, he's going to try his hardest to refrain from any unnecessary violence.

Hook nods, and bows down his head sarcastically with a smirk. "Farewell Pan."

••••••

ayy hi guys,, quicker update whooppp

IG: neverland.luke
tumblr: autumns-rainyday