Chapter 4

After the boys trained most of the day away, they made their way back to camp with Peter leading them. A few of them had black eyes forming and red cheeks, whereas the older ones that have been in Neverland longer hardly even had a red mark. Some boys yawned as they reached camp and plopped down on to a fallen tree trunk.

Iris had been waiting for them back at camp all day as Peter told her to stay put. She didn't want to go against him on her first day, or argue with him to let her go with them either. There really wasn't anything for her to do, so she just sat patiently until they came back.

The boys quickly whip up some food for them all to eat after skinning and preparing all the meat. The smell of the meat cooking whirls to Iris's nose and her stomach begins growling, longing for even a little bit of food.

Peter notices her by herself and takes her some food, also remembering that she hasn't eaten all day. She looks up at him after he shoves a bowl a few inches from her face. Her mouth twitches up into a small smile as she slowly takes it from his hands. Quickly, he turns to walk away.

"Peter?" Iris speaks up quietly. He turns his head around, looking at her with his hard expression and his eyebrow raised. "Why am I here?"

Peter lets out a small sigh looking at the ground, as though he's trying to collect his thoughts. He sits next to her on the log and looks her directly in the eyes, making Iris feel slightly intimidated. "Because I saw how bad you were, Iris. You felt unloved more than some of these lost boys. You needed an escape, and that was me and Neverland."

"Oh," she nods, thinking about his words. "And if I wanted to go home, I couldn't?"

"Iris, you have all of this, why would you go back?" he asks raising his eyebrow and shaking his head slightly.

Iris looks at him and shrugs, not knowing what to say. Something still makes her uneasy and nervous, like there is an underlying darkness to this place. Nothing is ever really good for Iris, or not for very long, so she couldn't help but feel like this.

Peter was able to sense the fear in Iris that this place brought. It bothered him slightly. "Don't worry Iris, nothing is going to hurt you while I'm around."

She offers a small smile which he returns before standing up. He takes one last glance down at her before walking away to find his second in command. Iris tries eating her food, but the only thing she can think about is Peter.

•••••

another chapter for you beautiful people

¿im feeling like shit but y'know writing always helps?

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday